Is this a good deal?

Blacksnake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am purchasing a 2005 Black QC with upgraded stereo and after market wheels with 25K miles, clean carfax for $26,500. Do you guys think that is an ok price?

EMT/SRT said:
Sounds good to me. Post some pics.

We are picking it up on Monday and I will post some pics. Thanks for the reply! The truck is still under warranty so when I take possession of it I would like to take it strait in to the dealer. Do you have any advise for me as far as what I should tell the dealer to check for.

Thanks

I bought mine in May 07 with 11,900 miles and now it has 22,000+ and drive it every day. I have had 0 problems with it. Where are you from?

Check any trans service...05's had some issues but all is covered under warranty. PM dragon and have him run an in house Chrylser check on it. As long as the paint is good (swirls and such), just check the fluids in it. At full throttle you shold chirp second gear. I would give a deposit and take it for a drive, if all checks out then go back and do the deal. lots of vavletrain noise is normal.

Hey Blacksnake, Welcome to VTCOA. That sounds like a GOOOOD deal to me. Its under "book". Are you getting it from a dealer or person? If possable get the OE wheels and stereo. If you keep the truck for any real time it will be beneficial to ya. Remember more Shelby Mustang's were made then Ram SRT-10'S . In 2005 Dodge only made 4027 SRT's. Out of that only 2465 were QC and only 1136 were done in the Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat. If you contact Stingray he can tell you the build date and what hour it was completed by the vin. Good luck to ya.

EMT/SRT said:
I bought mine in May 07 with 11,900 miles and now it has 22,000+ and drive it every day. I have had 0 problems with it. Where are you from?

I am in Arizona!

Blacksnake said:
I am in Arizona!

Where, and where are you getting the truck from. I know a few techs, the VCA president down here and Patrick...so if there were any dirt on the truck I could find it. plus you can drive my 06 so you can compare.

Little Details said:
Hey Blacksnake, Welcome to VTCOA. That sounds like a GOOOOD deal to me. Its under "book". Are you getting it from a dealer or person? If possable get the OE wheels and stereo. If you keep the truck for any real time it will be beneficial to ya. Remember more Shelby Mustang's were made then Ram SRT-10'S . In 2005 Dodge only made 4027 SRT's. Out of that only 2465 were QC and only 1136 were done in the Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat. If you contact Stingray he can tell you the build date and what hour it was completed by the vin. Good luck to ya.

Thanks for the info I am buying it from a private party! He is going through a divorce and needs to sell. I had no idea there were so few made.

You are gonna love it! Better yet, you'll LOVE this forum! Tons of great people around here... they make me smile every day!

Blacksnake said:
Thanks for the info I am buying it from a private party! He is going through a divorce and needs to sell. I had no idea there were so few made.

Good deal, do you know if he is a member here?
get the VIN...and call me I will go with you to check it out!
623-271-0617

BurntRubber said:
Where, and where are you getting the truck from. I know a few techs, the VCA president down here and Patrick...so if there were any dirt on the truck I could find it. plus you can drive my 06 so you can compare.

I live in Tempe and I am buying it from a guy up in north Scottsdale.

Little Details said:
I believe brilliant black crystal pearl coat is a '06 color. Same as a Night Runner.

sleeper said:
I believe brilliant black crystal pearl coat is a '06 color. Same as a Night Runner.

yep, not an 05 color...my 06 is brilliant black

Blacksnake said:
I live in Tempe and I am buying it from a guy up in north Scottsdale.

Not sure if you want a 05 or black, but ChrisAZ is selling is 06 mineral grey with 12k miiles for $30k

I am 20 minutes from Nscottsdale...hit me up. see where it was serviced. if it was Bill Luke I may know the truck

sleeper said:

What does this mean for the truck? Do you think it has been re-painted?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back