Is this a good price on an 2005 Reg. Cab SRT-10??

VAViperPower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to post this up before I go thru with the purchase of another SRT-10. I just sold my 04 SRT-10(Red) to my bro in KC so I need another truck. I found a brand new 2005 Ram SRT-10 Reg. Cab, silver, navigation, polished wheels, brand new and never titled with 311 miles selling for $28,250.00!!! Its about 1200 miles from me so im gonna have to ship it here to VA or probably save 600-700 bucks and enjoy driving it home myself.

I think its a good/great deal on a hard to find 05 thats still brand new and no miles. I couldnt find any other trucks like it for anywhere near that price. Let me know what you guys think before I proceed with purchasing it. THanks in advance for your opinions!! :rock:

Sounds really good, I paid 28K for my 05 new with 10 miles, but it had no options.
Justin

sounds like a deal ---still check it out good ---carfax

Mopar Connection, the Vin# is 3D3HA16H85G788880. If you have the info available could you tell me when this was built in 2005? It was a 1B unit from the factory that had a dent in the left fender and left door while still being assembled at the factory. They faxed me the damage disclosure with parts replaced and what is cost Daimler Chyrsler to fix the dents/replace panels which all replacement of parts were done at the factory in wild and wonderful Mexico prior to having the truck shipped to a US dealer for sale. I think that it being a 1B unit is what brought the dealer to work with me. I did do a carfax on the truck and its never been titled, no accident, etc with a clean bill of health :)
Let me know if you can pull any additional info on the truck before i sign on the dotted line. Thanks and eveyone else keep the opinions coming. I just wanna make sure im getting a good deal on the second SRT-10 as I did on my first one I bought a year ago. Thanks

Great deal !

Picked up my brand new (14 miles) loaded 05 15 months ago for $33,800.

Hey guys, is it true that the silver ones are faster because they have less paint on them than the over coated & shinny black and red ones?? Ha-ha :)

I might be going to silver-side or becomng a silver-back with this new truck im looking @.

VAViperPower said:
mmmmtorque, was your purchase price for a reg. cab or quad cab??

Sorry, RC.

Purchased a 05 RC in Dec of 04 for $43k

Deer ambushed me ;)

Purchased a 05 RC in Jan of 05 for $33.8k

thanks ummmtorque, sounds like this truck is priced good.

Does anyone know what comes with the 2STA and also the 29S preferred customer packages that come with some SRT-10's? I wasnt sure if anyone on the forum had their old window sticker or had access to info from Daimler Chrysler. I know this truck comes with polished wheels, supplemental side airbags, but the rest of the options im not sure of.

Any info is greatly appreciated!!:rock:

the truck does have an in service date. never titled but was sold to a chrysler dealer as stock reduction. hence damage. warranty has about 1 year left. looks good to me!!

mopar connection, thanks for the info. That sucks about the manufac. warranty with only 1 yr left. The info on the carfax report shows that the truck has 35 months or 35k left before the manufac. warranty expires. Im guessing the info you got is what I need to listen to. Is there anyway I can get the warranty extended since its never been titled or sold to the public. If not, im gonna go back after the dealer and try to beat them up some more $$ if I have to buy an extended warranty. The dealer that has the truck is a chrysler/jeep dealer. Do you think they can help me with the warranty being extended issue. Man, just having 1 year left on the factory warranty sucks for buying what is considered a "new truck"

THanks for any info you have on this :)

personally i think u should look for an 06,the nav system is much better than the one in my 05 and the seats are heated!

VAViperPower said:
mopar connection, thanks for the info. That sucks about the manufac. warranty with only 1 yr left. The info on the carfax report shows that the truck has 35 months or 35k left before the manufac. warranty expires. Im guessing the info you got is what I need to listen to. Is there anyway I can get the warranty extended since its never been titled or sold to the public. If not, im gonna go back after the dealer and try to beat them up some more $$ if I have to buy an extended warranty. The dealer that has the truck is a chrysler/jeep dealer. Do you think they can help me with the warranty being extended issue. Man, just having 1 year left on the factory warranty sucks for buying what is considered a "new truck"

THanks for any info you have on this :)

they can get you a chrysler service contract its not the same as basic, but covers mostly everything except trim items. however get the maxi care. they will probably want to charge you but negotiate the price. dont pay more than $3000 for a 7/year maxi 0 deductible. that will give them a little profit and a great deal for you.

Either way you should go & drive it home not ship it, driving viper trucks = FUN, shipping viper trucks = NO FUN. They were meant to be driven.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back