Issues with flywheel

Stanimal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over the past few months I gathered a bunch of parts to finally fix my trucks clitch and trans issues the correct way and be done with it. Here is what i got. Spec 2+ clutch, viper master/slave, tonys newest shifter, fidanza flywheel and sent the trans to Tick Performance in NC for a full stage 2 rebuild with a bunch of upgrades on top. Got the trans back finally tues. installed it all today and now it wont start. I checked the back of the flywheel and it had the spaces in it for the crank trigger to read. When i try to crank it, it spins a little then freezes up. I removed the crank position sensor and it spins freely but obviously wont start. Is the fidanza not compatible with the 04? I REALLY dont want nor have the few hours to rip it apart again

Reach out to Tony. He has alot of experience with this setup.
Very interested to hear how you like this after you get her running.

Venomous, it acts like a older ignitioned v8 that is wayyyy too advanced at the distributor. I am positive i lined the dowl pin up and the person I bought it from has a 04. There is no reason it shouldnt run. Im lost on this one and unfortunately am going to have to clean up my stock flywheel and put it back in I think.

Truck is back together, again. Used the stock flywheel and it started right up. I must say, the combo feels amazing together. The faceplating on 2nd and 3rd makes it shift funny under normal driving, exactly like a tractor trailer. I didnt go WOT but at high rpm it fell into place smoother then any stick I have ever driven.
Tonys shifter is amazing in the combo, as long as the squeek doesnt come back that shifter is there for good.

Truck is back together, again. Used the stock flywheel and it started right up. I must say, the combo feels amazing together. The faceplating on 2nd and 3rd makes it shift funny under normal driving, exactly like a tractor trailer. I didnt go WOT but at high rpm it fell into place smoother then any stick I have ever driven.
Tonys shifter is amazing in the combo, as long as the squeek doesnt come back that shifter is there for good.

Driven properly an 18 wheeler shifts smooth as an automatic.

I drive multiple trucks a week and shift just fine. Boss has a auto and claims its smoother and faster and its not. But take someone who has never driven one, and let the laughs begin. I love watching people who think its easy try it. Its easy with miles under your belt, like most things in life. Takes practice

Driven properly an 18 wheeler shifts smooth as an automatic.

gentlemen, if ya ain't seen/been with a driver that can shift "twin sticks", ya ain't seen shiftin:rock:

One of the trucks I drive is a 79 International with a 466 and twins. Rubber block suspension triaxle and grosses 78,000 lol. Thats a trip and a half to drive. One arm through the steering wheel is how I was taught

now thats a truck:rock::rock::rock:

ever mess with a Mack TriPlex tranny??? 3 sticker

Back in the '70's (when I was a kid :p) the trucking company that my dad owned had Mack's. I remember twin sticks, but not triples. I miss the sound of those V8's.

R model Mack with a Quad Box pulling a 12,000 gal Gasoline trailer. However I prefer a 13 speed O/D. Got Class 1 License in 1974, CDL A grandfathered in back in late 80's

By the way, nothing beats the sound of a 12 cyl. Detroit/13 speed pulling a heavy load.

12,000 gal tanker must have been loads of fun. I would be more worried about it snapping in half under its own weight. I pull a 1969 Fruehoff 9,000 gal gas tanker loaded with water quite regularly and am afraid it's gonna snap lol

12,000 gal tanker must have been loads of fun. I would be more worried about it snapping in half under its own weight. I pull a 1969 Fruehoff 9,000 gal gas tanker loaded with water quite regularly and am afraid it's gonna snap lol

Back in 1992 when I was still in NY, Mobil was pulling 14,000 g.

Don't know if they still are. NY came out with "Divisible Load" Permits that let you run Long Is. and the lower counties at around 120,000.

By the way, nothing beats the sound of a 12 cyl. Detroit/13 speed pulling a heavy load.

i agree with ya on that. ya are talkin bout 12V-71's correct???

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back