issues with my baby

with all the friggin photos of heads, OEM or Striker, on this forum & i can't find a one:mad::hmmmm2:

found this one

Attachments

• dcp_0660.jpg
    dcp_0660.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
so then

firewall
in
ex
in
ex
in
ex
in
ex......this is the 3rd valve from the front of the engine the problem valve
in
ex

front of truck

that's how it should look??

my neon srt is so much easier to tweak lol

yep. on the drivers side:rock:

ya know ya can change valve springs without pullin the head

do like your plan to do the one hole & go from there:rock::rock:

Last edited:
I agree with replacing the springs as a set as more than likely its been over revved too many times and the springs are weak. I'd bore scope that cylinder as well to look at piston top to see damage. If there's damage your valve is likely bent, therefore why it stuck in the downward position and kept kissing piston :(
Hoping for the best for ya bud:burnout:

Soooooo if I decide to do the heads (port n polish oversize valve etc) what would be the optimal numbers?

What optimal numbers are you referring to sir? Flow bench? HP? Dollars? :dontknow:
Yes you can machine for larger valves for sure. :rock:

My passenger side exhaust manifold will RATTLE LIKE A MOFO when it's hot. I thought I had a bent rocker or something. I took my crowbar and bent it back. No more rattle.

JTSVP can get youa some killer numbers from your stock heads for way less than a set of strikers. If I had a failure like this, I'd be all over that.

Specs for flow valve size etc naturally I want max hp gains...k&n custom filter mounted to the throttle body full billy boat exhaust including cat delete and long tube headers, and intake will be honed and cam will go in all this while heads being machined and once it is all put back together computer tune will be done to optimize everything

Dont know yet im in calgary canada and will be in vegas for sema so just got my feelers out for the right shop

They'll likely go 2.02/1.60 valves. The right shop will know what you'll need to achieve your goals. Heads can be ported to flow what you need. Cam should be based on those flow #s

Check in with Ronnie in Calgary, he is on this forum once in a while.

if your close to Ronnie, would HIGHLY recommend gettin in touch with him.

e-mail, [email protected]:rock::rock::rock:

OldColt & someone else has had work done by Ronnie.

no idea who will do it yet, got my single valve, rocker,spring, rod and seat to give er a temp fix. going to put those in this weekend...just to drive her to who ever ends up doing my heads completely I would really rather not send them away but may end up having to in order get guality work...is there a write up on how to change 1 without removing the head.....

and correct me if im wrong but my valve cover bolts should NOT be finger tight, (I mean ok fine im new to V10s and all but on my turbo neon valve cover bolts have a tq spec and its more then finger tight) each valve cover bolt was removed by hand!!!!! WTF.......now granted there was no visible oil issues..

and correct me if im wrong but my valve cover bolts should NOT be finger tight, (I mean ok fine im new to V10s and all but on my turbo neon valve cover bolts have a tq spec and its more then finger tight) each valve cover bolt was removed by hand!!!!! WTF.......now granted there was no visible oil issues..

Should be tighter than finger tight bro. Wonder if someone were already in there and knew about the problem :(

I put money on that....someone knew about it for sure, its ok thought the dealer is paying for the upgrades....they are not sure how it got missed yada yada yada, either way they are making good on it just wish I knew why the spring broke (theory includes, faulty cylinder 2 injector, causing a lean condition heating the valve too much and seizing it in the guide.....) that's really all I have other then spring broke due to age and wear valve cannot spring back in bending the rod and valve...meh either way they will do tests (im not letting the dealer touch the heads ;) but they are footing the bill) when they tell me exactly what went wrong I will update you guys. on a side note going to vegas sept 27-october 3rd if anyone wants to meet up and go for a cruise or just talk truck im all for it!!!!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back