It's my turn to ask for help...

you got it my friend! by the way my older son's name is JASON....its greek and means the HEALER. we will be thinking of him!

Texas Yellow Fever said:
Guys, I'm sorry for not posting up on this sooner. Everytime I've tried I tear up and just can't do it. The compassion that the members of this site have toward each other as well as total strangers, never ceases to amaze me and when it directly affects you it's overwhelming as many of you know. I appreciate everyone's positive energy, thoughts, prayers, and PMs etc. they have helped my family more than words can express. I am humbled and I will shut up now while I'm still (kinda) dry eyed.

Thanks to all of you.

Steve

I don't give a rats shit if you tear up or not damn it. You better keep us informed on what's happening.

This thread will be the first one I look at tomorrow when I get home, and I want to see an update.

Silverback said:
I don't give a rats shit if you tear up or not damn it. You better keep us informed on what's happening.

This thread will be the first one I look at tomorrow when I get home, and I want to see an update.

Well, I was dreading this moment knowing that it would be hard to provide an update on Dad, however, I had no idea how hard it would be or why. This morning turned out to be an emotional roller coaster and I simply can't believe the miracle you guys pulled off. Contrary to every Dr's opinion/assumption Dad does NOT have colon cancer, or any other form of cancer they have been able to find so far. They continue to look, but they are running out of places to look, which by any measure is good news. They still cannot figure out why a 6' 3" man now weighs less than 130 pounds (from well over 200), but now that their cancer assumptions are falling through they're gonna have to go back and rethink their diagnosis...

Anyway, the reason that this update is still hard is knowing that all of you somehow had a huge roll in the news we got this morning and trying to find a way to express how I feel. I am so humbled and grateful I just have no words...

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. You guys have moved yet another mountain...much love and thanks to all of you.

Last edited:
Texas Yellow Fever said:
Well, I was dreading this moment knowing that it would be hard to provide an update on Dad, however, I had no idea how hard it would be or why. This morning turned out to be an emotional roller coaster and I simply can't believe the miracle you guys pulled off. Contrary to every Dr's opinion/assumption Dad does NOT have colon cancer, or any other form of cancer they have been able to find so far. They continue to look, but they are running out of places to look, which by any measure is good news. They still cannot figure out why a 6' 3" man now weighs less than 130 pounds (from well over 200), but now that their cancer assumptions are falling through they're gonna have to go back and rethink their diagnosis...

Anyway, the reason that this update is still hard is knowing that all of you somehow had a huge roll in the news we got this morning and trying to find a way to express how I feel. I am so humbled and grateful I just have no words...

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. You guys have moved yet another mountain...much love and thanks to all of you.

Well that's great news. There is still an unknown, that will be hard to deal with until you know, but you can be damn sure that we will be pulling for you and dad.

Love you Steve.:rock:

Thanks for the update Steve!!! John says it best, we'll be pulling for Jason my friend.

This is fantastic news!!!:rock::rock::rock:

Hopefully you will have an answer soon, and it will be something simple and easy to care for!! We will continue to pray for Jason!!

Texas Yellow Fever said:
If you guys can find a spare moment in the next couple of days please say a prayer for my Dad, Jason. He's going in for some biopsies on Thursday morning, and of course everyone fears the worst. He's gone from about 220 lbs or so to about 130 lbs at the Dr's office today. Believe me when I say, I've hit my knees more than a few times in the last couple of days and if you guys could pitch in a little on this one I sure would appreciate it...
you got it my friend, we are there for you bro

Fathers are so important...in so many ways.

Steve, our prayers and hopes are with you and Jason.

Thank you guys. It's been a tough week, every test known to man, still no answers, but hopefully soon and hopefully it's something that can be dealt with. He's feeling better today, he even has a cold beer in his hand and is out in the garden working, so there's still hope...:)

Texas Yellow Fever said:
Thank you guys. It's been a tough week, every test known to man, still no answers, but hopefully soon and hopefully it's something that can be dealt with. He's feeling better today, he even has a cold beer in his hand and is out in the garden working, so there's still hope...:)

Over what period of time has he lost this weight Steve?

And there is nothing like a cold beer to make you feel better.:)

Texas Yellow Fever said:

Well that's good news Steve, outside with a cold beer is good therapy no matter what. They will find the problem sooner or later. The fact that it's not cancer is GREAT news. We'll keep you guys in our thoughts and prayers.

Jeff

Silverback said:
Over what period of time has he lost this weight Steve?

And there is nothing like a cold beer to make you feel better.:)

He's gone from over 200 to 130 over the last couple of years, but it's speeding up, he lost 10 pounds in the last two weeks. He looks like a skeleton with skin stretched over it...he eats more than I do, I've never seen anything like it....

I haven't updated this in awhile, there hasn't been any news. We went back to the Dr this AM hoping to get closure and find out what the friggin issue is. All the tests came back negative, there's no cancer or anything like that that they can find anywhere, whihic is obviously good news, but it begs the point of what the hell it is. They are baffled by the fact that he losses at least 2-3 lbs a week and they cannot find a thing out of the ordinary. He's below 130...he can barely get around...the coroner may be running the next set of tests at the rate we're going.

So it's more tests...this time he gets to swallow a remote control camera in a pill so they can film his whole digestive system..it's pretty cool actually...I sure hope they find the problem though.

Anyway, just wanted to update the thread, thanks for all your thoughts and prayers, they have obviously helped a LOT. We were anticiapting really bad news and have not gotten any, so there's still hope.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back