Jeep CATS

06SRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took the wife's 2005 Jeep GC 5.7 into the dealership for some warranty work. Just got a call from them that it needs a CAT & the P&L will be about $1800.00. I noticed that some of you guys have or have had some experience with the GC. Have any of you had to replace a CAT & what did it cost? Where is the CAT on these located & how many are there on these? I have taken the back two off of my 10, but I don't know enough about the GC to be messing with them. Any help would be appreciated. I am suppose to pick it up Monday.

thats an emission's item.

might want to check to see if its covered under emissions warranty

that's way to much go to a muffler shop shouldn't cost more than 3 or 4 hundred.dealer putting on factory cats an they are way exspensive. id do after market cats same thing just lot cheaper.

Since I posted, the rep from the dealership told me it wasn't covered under my Chrysler Extended Warranty, but I am going to pull it out tonight & read thru it myself.
I have also been told that if the warranty won't cover it, it can be done cheaper at other shops. I also found out it doesn't show code. He said he doesn't know why it doesn't, because the CAT is gone. To me no code = no need for a new CAT. So thanks to you guys I have some options. P.S. it has a SuperChip in it. Is there a better one for the 57? Also do you know if it has one CAT or more.

I think its got 2 one on each side.an some vehicles also got pre cats.got a salvage yard an lots of the newer v8 cars have a pre in front of the cat. also ask for your old cats they are worth cash.if you got 2 cats an 2 pre cats you might have close to 200.00 in cores.

Since I posted, the rep from the dealership told me it wasn't covered under my Chrysler Extended Warranty, but I am going to pull it out tonight & read thru it myself.
I have also been told that if the warranty won't cover it, it can be done cheaper at other shops. I also found out it doesn't show code. He said he doesn't know why it doesn't, because the CAT is gone. To me no code = no need for a new CAT. So thanks to you guys I have some options. P.S. it has a SuperChip in it. Is there a better one for the 57? Also do you know if it has one CAT or more.

If its chipped already thats why it shows no code when the cat is removed.. just remove the others as well and your golden.

I prefer the Diablo Trinity for the Hemi engines Jim. I would also take it to the muffler shop on 32st for the Cats. That's way to much to pay at the dealer. I believe emissions warranty covers Cats till like 80k, but I could be wrong.

The rep said the Cat was trash & needed to be replaced. I ask him why it wasn't throwing a code. He said he didn't know why, because it should be. As mentioned earlier, is it because it has the SuperChip? Because if cutting the thing off won't cause any codes, that sounds like the way to go. I have already told him to do the warranty work & leave the CAT alone. I am still scheduled to pick it up Monday. Thanks for all the info from you guys. It has really helped. The Chrysler warranty that I have is good for three years, thru 2015, mileage is unlimited. I have the same warranty on the 10.
I hate Dealerships.

She may be due, just turned 100,000. It still runs great. The wife has a heavy foot. Just put new tires & shocks all the way around, replaced all fluids. Everything was going well until I took it into the dealership for warranty work. Suppose to pick it up tomorrow (Monday) without the new CAT that they said I needed. I will make that decision when I get it home & have a chance to look at it myself.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back