Jeep SRT8 prices

ViperTruck2933

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My local dealer has a HOT looking SILVER (Fastest) Jeep SRT8.:burnout:

List price is $40,300. They are offering employee pricing at $36K.

Are these Jeeps going for that prices everywhere else or is that a good deal??:confused:

(We are trading in our 02 Jeep Grand Cherokee).

36K?? Damn that seems cheap!

I thought they were closer to the sticker of the RC's?:dontknow:

If I wanted one, I'd be on it for that price!:rock:

Yeah, that sounds like a good price. I have been keeping my eye out for one. I have a 99 grand cherokee that I'm about ready to get rid of and have been looking at different vehicles. The cheapest I have seen have been in the 39K range. If it has all the options I would say it is a great deal.

That's an excellent price!!!!! I paid about $46K, right at MSRP, for one with all the available options. You'll love it if you buy it.

Tim,

Damn. That is an AMAZING price!!! If you don't get it, I'm gonna come beat you with an AWD transfer case! :mad: ;) Seriously tho. The Jeeps are really badass. One of my family members has an '06 Inferno Red (damn HOT color), with all options and DVD player. It is one of the most fun vehicles, if not the most fun, that Ive ever driven. He got it for EP (MSRP was $46,300), which was $41,200. Also had a trade, which brought it down to ~$36k. For that price, this vehicle is untouchable. You'd have to spend upwards of 90 to stay with it with the Cayenne, and the turbo lag on the bottom end would still cost you your ass in a race against the GC SRT-8. Do it dude.

Oh, and the exhaust sounds AMAZING on the Jeeps. Even when stock. When he pulled up the first day, I thought the bastage had already been doing some mods. I then got him a Mopar CAI, and now it really screams! Do it dammit!!!!! Before I have a heart attack!!!! Arghhhh!!!! :D :cool:

I agree with Cardiac kid ^^^^^^^^^^. I just wish that they did something with the interior..........which by any standard is as plain as the Mona Lisa :D

the thing with the jeep if you wanna go fast your gonna have to mod the suspension .. wow when you get on it then on the break feels like its gonna roll on its face .. same with corners .. hectic.. i think its a bad mix of speed and luxury.. they need to get a performance suspension in that thing ..

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
the thing with the jeep if you wanna go fast your gonna have to mod the suspension .. wow when you get on it then on the break feels like its gonna roll on its face .. same with corners .. hectic.. i think its a bad mix of speed and luxury.. they need to get a performance suspension in that thing ..

Try and find ANYTHING in it's class that does as well as it does. Anything. You won't. I promise. Oh, and take the Jeep out to a road corse. It just might embarass your truck. ;) :D They stick HARD in the corners. They may have some flex on the street, but on the track, they'll make your insides hurt.

I'm guessing you'd REALLY hate the Trailblazer SS's. They are breadbaskets with a bigger engine. They are Teh Sogginess. :D Oh, and the interior and seats!!!! :idea: :puke: :puke: :puke: GM really can make some SHIT these days. They've perfected the art. (no offense to any TBSS owners in here, its just, jesus, the things would need $20k or more in improvements to feel anything like the stock SRT8, and it'd still be uglier than my ass end)

Jeep is badass. Period.

ViperTruck2933 said:
My local dealer has a HOT looking SILVER (Fastest) Jeep SRT8.:burnout:

List price is $40,300. They are offering employee pricing at $36K.

Are these Jeeps going for that prices everywhere else or is that a good deal??:confused:

(We are trading in our 02 Jeep Grand Cherokee).

That sounds like a really good deal. If I could find one that cheap I would be all over it!

Ill take it ... cant find one in cali to save my life... also have only found one Charger SRT and it is 250 miles away and its the wrong color black

DarkSyde said:
Try and find ANYTHING in it's class that does as well as it does. Anything. You won't. I promise. Oh, and take the Jeep out to a road corse. It just might embarass your truck. ;) :D They stick HARD in the corners. They may have some flex on the street, but on the track, they'll make your insides hurt.

I'm guessing you'd REALLY hate the Trailblazer SS's. They are breadbaskets with a bigger engine. They are Teh Sogginess. :D Oh, and the interior and seats!!!! :idea: :puke: :puke: :puke: GM really can make some SHIT these days. They've perfected the art. (no offense to any TBSS owners in here, its just, jesus, the things would need $20k or more in improvements to feel anything like the stock SRT8, and it'd still be uglier than my ass end)

Jeep is badass. Period.

what he said !!!!

That's a great deal. Of course, when it comes to Jeeps, red is the fastest color.

Okay,
Duh....I was looking at the employee price on a base model SRT8..:D

This one has all options incl DVD player, U-connect, etc....and they are offering it to me for $40,700.

Decisions, decisions....:dontknow:

That sounds about what I have seen a couple go for, including an offer off an inquiry to a local dealer. I have seen 2 at 39k over the last two months and that is the lowest I have seen so far.

ummm ya i dont think the jeep will be doing any emnarassing to the trucks anytime soon.. maybe to the qc but the rc is rock solid... im in the jeep again this weekend at my buddies and this thing feels down right dangerous when trying to manover it in agressive moves.... im not saying it sukcs.. i love the jeep. and ill probbably have one myself soon.. but i will deff put a stiffer shock and a lowering spring in it to improve the body roll.. and im not comparing it with anytihng in anyclass im just saying its gets a lil hairy when using the HP provided with a luxury suspension .. and that maybe chrysler should have offered a performance suspension set up with the truck .. maybe some electronic lowering and stiffen up the shockes for race mode or something but if youve driven this truck as you say you have .. i think you would feel the same thing i am.. uless they put in the stock jeep suspension in the one i have been driving lol...

DarkSyde said:

Jeep is badass. Period.

The Jeep does run pretty damn well. But this will be our family vehicle and I actually need a little bit more room than our current Jeep Grand Cherokee. So I am also considering a new Yukon or Tahoe. I can get a fully loaded one for low to mid 40K.

We already have fast vehicles with our Ram SRT10 (mine) and 2000 Corvette (hers). So the performance is not the primary consideration. But if they hit me with an offer I can't refuse on the Jeep SRT8 we just might have to go for it.:dontknow:

SRT10VENOMOUS said:

There must be something wrong with the suspension on your friend's Jeep because that's not my experience at all. I equate the Jeep's suspension to my Ram's suspension before I put Boomer's lowering kit on the it. The Ram is now flatter in turns after installing the kit but the electronic AWD on the Jeep is very forgiving in high speed turns and more than makes up for it. Also, believe it or not, the autostick works really well on the road course. There is plenty to keep you occupied while playing with the cars in the attached pictures that not having to worry about a clutch pedal is a big plus. So, after several trips out on the road course, I have to give the nod to the bone stock Jeep over my modified Ram in that venue. I had owners of BMWs, Evos, STis, Vettes, a Cayman, an NSX and, yes, even a Ford GT tell me how amazed they were at how hard the Jeep ran and how flat it was in the corners. In the drivers' meeting when someone started to express concern and surprise that I was running a Jeep, several of the other drivers who ran with me before and a track official piped in and said things like, "Not to worry! That thing is pretty quick," "Good luck trying to catch it," and, "You'll be surprised!"

Those driving school Mustangs in the pics were prepped for the track with suspension and engine upgrades. Notice the distance I put on them after exiting the turn. I had to lift at about 2/3s down the straight to let them pass. We were at about 55 mph on the corner in the pics with the Cobra and the Vette. Notice the roll on the Vette as compared to the Jeep. The other corner pictured was at about 70 mph. There was a 90 mph corner on the back stretch were you were all in through the turn leading to the back straight. What a blast!

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 34
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Big Asp said:
There must be something wrong with the suspension on your friend's Jeep because that's not my experience at all. I equate the Jeep's suspension to my Ram's suspension before I put Boomer's lowering kit on the it. The Ram is now flatter in turns after installing the kit but the electronic AWD on the Jeep is very forgiving in high speed turns and more than makes up for it. Also, believe it or not, the autostick works really well on the road course. There is plenty to keep you occupied while playing with the cars in the attached pictures that not having to worry about a clutch pedal is a big plus. So, after several trips out on the road course, I have to give the nod to the bone stock Jeep over my modified Ram in that venue. I had owners of BMWs, Evos, STis, Vettes, a Cayman, an NSX and, yes, even a Ford GT tell me how amazed they were at how hard the Jeep ran and how flat it was in the corners. In the drivers' meeting when someone started to express concern and surprise that I was running a Jeep, several of the other drivers who ran with me before and a track official piped in and said things like, "Not to worry! That thing is pretty quick," "Good luck trying to catch it," and, "You'll be surprised!"

Those driving school Mustangs in the pics were prepped for the track with suspension and engine upgrades. Notice the distance I put on them after exiting the turn. I had to lift at about 2/3s down the straight to let them pass. We were at about 55 mph on the corner in the pics with the Cobra and the Vette. Notice the roll on the Vette as compared to the Jeep. The other corner pictured was at about 70 mph. There was a 90 mph corner on the back stretch were you were all in through the turn leading to the back straight. What a blast!

Bone & I ran the Jeep's hard...including the slalom at the SRT EXP. Handled great IMHO.... had "some" roll on it, but with a drop.....got to be rock solid.
Great vid BTW...had a peek when you first posted it....looks like you ran her through her paces rather well.
Definatly a blast to push her through the cones...spring rate in roll was actually pretty good.....got to be a riot on a full course.

Attachments

• SRT Experience 0306 009.jpg
    SRT Experience 0306 009.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 30

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back