Jerry Reed is dead :(

Eastbound and Down, Loaded Up and Truckin'...

RIP Cleytus Snow...:(

Here's a song of Jerry's sung by Elvis and featuring Jerry on nylon string lead...

FYI- As a retired professional guitar player with nearly 50 years on the instrument I have seen literally hundreds of videos and heard as many recordings of Chet and Jerry Reed..... NEVER have I witnessed Chet having a hard time keeping up....... NEVER.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3gkBMuyq8U

D

Last edited:
Last edited:
Ironhead said:
best movie he ever did was Gator ,,loved that movie
gator was good but as any white trash southern guy will tell you, there aint nothing better than the snowman and the bandit running down the road with a truckload of bootlegged texas beer...with buford t justice ridin right behind them:rock:

MUTT said:
gator was good but as any white trash southern guy will tell you, there aint nothing better than the snowman and the bandit running down the road with a truckload of bootlegged texas beer...with buford t justice ridin right behind them:rock:
didnt you have a t/a? east bound and down. loaded up and truckin.....

Amos Moses, I remember singing that as a kid.
His songs always but a smile on your face

Yup, just go to his section in wikipedia and you'll see his huge list of accomplishments..... He was a damn fine Travis picker and made a significant contribution to music and entertainment....

Rest in Peace brother.....

I told ya' them damn cigrettes'd kill ya'.....

D

I was playing his stuff at work last week too. Driving the younger guys nuts!!

Then I find out he pass on. He was always quick with a smile and a laugh in is songs and acting.

It just occurred to me that Chet was waiting for Jerry when he got home.... Holding a nice guitar with a new sett'a strings and a great big hug from his old friend....

Man, they have a great band at home...... I almost can't wait to get there....

D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back