JMB CAI

I also got the JMB intake as well as line lock kit. I know the intake didnt add power but the stock one looked like crap.

That's disappointing but I hear they just don't work well on dyno but on the street are great. Well see how your does.

Yeah for sure. I know they look sweet and most add a nice sound, so I'm cool with that. Will post pics when it arrives.

So wait.... JMB's intake adds absolutely NO power and is completely for show?

That 36 hp number for the volant is BS, no way you pick up that kind of power with just a CAI. Maybe a few hp with the ram effect at speed but overall its just a matter of the JMB cleaning up the engine bay.

That 36 hp number for the volant is BS, no way you pick up that kind of power with just a CAI. Maybe a few hp with the ram effect at speed but overall its just a matter of the JMB cleaning up the engine bay.

I agree... no chance it picks up that much in the real world. I saw someone post that ram-air has an effect at 40+mph... from every engineering article I've read... its more like 80+mph before anything really occurs. Sure you may get a little colder, more oxygen dense air too, but not 36hp worth.

More marketing smoke and mirrors like this infamous product:
Tornado Air :: More Power, More Mileage!

Yeah for sure. I know they look sweet and most add a nice sound, so I'm cool with that. Will post pics when it arrives.

I agree. I have the K&N CAI and whether it adds any power or not, it sure sounds nice when I'm on the highway at about 70mph and then get on the gas a little, you can hear that thing sucking in air.

since hank is inept, i thought i'd help him out:D

yank.jpg

yank1.jpg

yank2.jpg

yank3.jpg

you're welcome;)

Last edited:

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back