JMB Catch Can Bone Dry- Installed correctly?

Infidel

Reaction score
About a month ago I bought/installed Justin's CAI and catch can- I remember reading that with the can, ya gotta keep an eye on it because it needs to be purged from time to time- I recall someone saying they do it weekly.....

Question is did I hook it up correctly? I swear I followed the instructions to a T but I have yet needed to empty my can- in fact when I took the mini K&N filter off to look inside, it was bone dry....I know when I first put it on it smoked a little but was told several times that it is normal....

I can take some pictures of the install, specifically under the throttle body, if yall need-

Anyone have any ideas or similar situation? Thanks!!

Last edited:
Man I have the same thing............Maybe it is an 04 thing. i have not had a drop in mine?

i had a little bit of nasty water in mine awhile back..i think its a cold weather thing (more condensation?)

Well I was looking at someone install pics of the catch can and I swear mine isnt hooked up the same- Mine has the hose from the can through the wall and under the throttle body where it is connected to an F shaped fitting where I connected both hard plastic tubes that run under the throttle body-

The pic I saw, which was kind of hard to see and I dont think was an 04 looked like that same hose went through the wall and connect to a fitting/elbow that was connected to the corner of his valve cover (i dont know where the line runs from there though).

I read and reread the instructions and really think I connected it right....but then again its bone dry!

both hoses coming off the valve covers (one on each side) should end up in the catch can. also did you cap off the nipple under the intake?

Last edited:
I've heard that the less goo gunk in the catchcan the better, to a point. A little is normal, medium, keep an eye on it and excess means you will have something internally wrong and should check it out, especially if you are removing the gunk weekly with huge waste loads. I think you'll be fine but I am no expert, it's a pretty simple setup to install so chances are you did it correctly. :)

Carlwalski said:
I've heard that the less goo gunk in the catchcan the better, to a point. A little is normal, medium, keep an eye on it and excess means you will have something internally wrong and should check it out, especially if you are removing the gunk weekly with huge waste loads. I think you'll be fine but I am no expert, it's a pretty simple setup to install so chances are you did it correctly. :)

Well thats def reassuring, Carlwalksi-

I know I put the nipple on underneath but will double check the lines I have the hose fitting connected to, to make sure theyre running into the valve covers....

Gonna wait til daylight tomorrow and will post-

When I drive her hard I get alot of gunk in the can but with normal driving I get very little.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back