JMB Traction Packages, two more levels available

JMB Justin

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
The original traction package (stage 1) clamps the leaf springs together and utilizes the factory slapper bar and takes the majority of the travel out of it. The new stage 2 package adds a QA1 adjustable shock for the axle (the horizontal shock) that can be adjusted to much stiffer settings than the stock shock, and polyurethane subbers that are a 1/2" longer and stiffer than the stock snubbers. These snubbers will actually place preload on the slapper bar, just like the aftermarket traction bars do. I would recommend the snubbers for track only. Just changing the shock and setting it at #10 (goes to 12, stock is approx 8-9) is a noticable improvement, and the snubbers help even more. The stage 3 package adds those awesome QA1 12 way adjustables to all 4 corners and makes an incredible difference in weight transfer, you will not be disappointed. The shocks have exclusive JMB Performance bushings and modified T-bars, so they have OEM fitment. All the adjustment ranges make them perfect for any application, handling, drag racing, road racing, or just cruising comfortably. Heres the links with pricing:

http://jmbperformance.com/store/index.php?cPath=66_93

Justin

Are the shocks and traction packages on an otherwise stock suspension or one with a lowering kit on it?

Just an idea....but if someone would..........

get a 60' with stock shocks and then get one with the QA1's....and post the adjustments front and rear.....

then some of us would line up to buy.....:dontknow:

Nowwhat said:
Just an idea....but if someone would..........

get a 60' with stock shocks and then get one with the QA1's....and post the adjustments front and rear.....

then some of us would line up to buy.....:dontknow:

It would be pretty easy to do as well. Run with stock shocks, change to the adjustables and run again. With the quick turnaround from one shock package to another other influences such as atmospheric conditions wont be much of an issue of the test is done on the same day.

Like you said, some of us would line up to buy. I'd also like to know if this was done on a stock suspended truck and what effects the adjustables may produce on one already lowered.

FINALLY!!!

Someone else finally figured out what that linear shock was for!
Good job, Justin!

Hey Justin, I'm also talking to a client/friend of yours Joe at Performance by Joe. I'm looking to have him possibly tweak/enhance my current Paxton setup. He mentioned the great things your working on and I mentioned I was interested in your shock/traction package. Are you also in Saint Louis?

Ya, for a guy planning on selling his truck I keep finding things that make me want to keep it. Better traction and more power can only help my cause to keep it :)

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
Ya, for a guy planning on selling his truck I keep finding things that make me want to keep it. Better traction and more power can only help my cause to keep it :)

No shit.....the more power you put to the ground = the more you love your truck!!

I love the idea of better traction but I dont want to feel like I am riding on a skateboard everyday. I gotta have everyday comfort and traction.......adjustable shocks may be the key.

patrick

In brief talks with Joe at Performance by Joe in St Louis he feels I have at least another 100 horses at the wheels with my current setup. This is also what you guys have been saying the past year. It would also make sense given (I forget his name) the guy on here with the Procharger SRT Ram (same boost as me) beat me by at least a full second at Bandimere earlier this year. If I get that 100 horses (possibly more :) ) back I'll be at least in the 12s with density altitudes over 8000 ft.

I'm thinking I'm gonna keep her and try and get that 100 or so horses back and see about my next issue, traction, road course handling.

Dave, yes Im in st. louis and Joe is a very good friend of mine, hes an unbelievable tuner. Nowwhat, I can promise you wont be disappointed, but I have no way to test here in MO since there isnt a track open for over a month still (KCIR in mid march or gateway in late march) within 200 miles.
Justin

Can't wait for my qa1 shocks!! love the traction already, can't wait for the next step!!!!!!

No problem I'll let you know how I like them. I do have one question? Since I really don't drive my truck a whole lot except a cruise here and there. Can I install the snubber kit? What ill effects will I suffer from. The only mileage my truck racks up is a hard run here and there or a trip to the quickie mart for a slushie.

ps... I did I say the jmb traction kit I got last weekend was great, and when I installed my b&m shifter I got thursday from Atlanic speed performance parts it was like icing on the cake, traction and third gear what more could a guy ask for besides a set of QA1 drag shock.:rock: :rock:

mosrt10 said:
No problem I'll let you know how I like them. I do have one question? Since I really don't drive my truck a whole lot except a cruise here and there. Can I install the snubber kit? What ill effects will I suffer from. The only mileage my truck racks up is a hard run here and there or a trip to the quickie mart for a slushie.

ps... I did I say the jmb traction kit I got last weekend was great, and when I installed my b&m shifter I got thursday from Atlanic speed performance parts it was like icing on the cake, traction and third gear what more could a guy ask for besides a set of QA1 drag shock.:rock: :rock:

Because of how much the suspension is moving around on the street, I would not recommend running them preloaded with the snubbers around town.
Thanks Keith,
Justin

JMB Justin said:
Because of how much the suspension is moving around on the street, I would not recommend running them preloaded with the snubbers around town.
Thanks Keith,
Justin

Which means your dont want your suspenion to feel like a skateboard.....so the downside is you dont preload with the snubbers and end up burning a little rubber:burnout: now and then!!!! Bummer!:D :D LOL

patrick

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back