July TOTM

Discussion in 'Forum Requests' started by VIPER, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Prof

Prof New Member Supporting Member

Yes I do have web experience but it is long ago. But more importantly, Jack and I have conferred about the site many times.

The money is not the major issue, it is the time in dealing with the problems and issues and personalities, and vendors, and everything else, when you would really prefer to be working on your Viper!

The revenue aspect is none of our business. But I stand by my analysis.

2. Carlwalski

Carlwalski New Member Supporting Member

Not sure if they'd cover costs but there are a lot of contributing members and just browsing the vbulliten website, it would come close but that's besides the point. I run my own forum and thus far over 4 years it's set me back $30+K and you will never seen me complaining, no money back, it's done for the love of MoPar. I don't consider what the members are doing as "bitching" Roy, pretty poor choice of words from a great man like yourself. Bitching is complaining about nothing. We're merely informing those with "power" of what is missing and needs work, on the chin stuff one would imagine.

Anyone can see that the board has slipped a little over time, it's been clear as days for a while now and thank goodness the board isn't filled with brown noses and the only reason members are speaking up is because they enjoy this forum and it's members. It's not bad or anything, just needs to brush off a few cobwebs to get it back in line, nothing more, nothing less. If no one says anything, it'll continue to slip. To make someone a moderator takes all but 1 minute and to be honest, using forum tools to moderate a board is dead easy, nothing to it. Select a few items, click some options on a drop down menu - presto, done! It's THAT simple.

3. JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE Active Member Preferred Vendor

There is not a thing wrong with the site

nothing wrong with the members

no matter what folks are allways gonna complain , basically because they dont have nothing better to do, and to some a forum is there life and they let it run it.

Who cares if Jack or Patrick make money , in my mind they should, the forum is a very loose forum , we basically run it like we want to , they jsut keep it up for us.

Its a place for us to gather and chat, and its also summer time, most folks are out sitting under a shade tree most likely , enjoying looking at there hp.

so if ya'll have nothing better to do that complain about the site, how its run, who makes what off it, or not off it, or why this or that ,then carry on, enjoy yourself.

to me, I am here, it really dont "run" my life, I do love it here ,an the folks on the site, and appreciate them all,

an to me whether Cody makes it to the front page or not, I am doing my part to honor that, and not to make a mockery of it.

I put his truck in my sig for a bit, to let him know that it is not going un noticed,

now return to your fun fartnockers:D

4. Prof

Prof New Member Supporting Member

If I am a "fartknocker"...I have the right to make a stink:D ...I could go on about "stink":p ...but I happen to agree that this site is just fine...

As a matter of fact, I like this site so much that I have just extended my contribution to 2020...I urge others of you to do the same!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
  5. JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE

Yup I learned jsut to enjoy the site, slow or argumentative however it be tomorrow and jsut go with the flo, people gonna do things when people do things and we jsut cant change that:D

sit back, have a beer and a pizza, compliment someone or jsut plain pissem off, either way just sit back enjoy , learn, and ahve a good time:dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

6. ccfeyh

ccfeyh New Member Supporting Member

Actually, the TOTM photo thing could be setup where no maintenance would be required from Patrick or Jack. Simply by uploading the photo with a standard naming convention to a specific location set aside for TOTM and the main page would automatically display the photo with no changes from the Mods. When the new TOTM photo is uploaded, it would overwrite the existing photo, thereby replacing it. No more changing the main page each month to display the new TOTM.

Example, establish a folder called TOTM, name the photo TOTM.jpg, set the main page to display image /TOTM/TOTM.jpg, simple effective way to do it and Jeff could upload the photo the the specific spot at the right time. Take about 5 minutes to setup the entire thing.

7. TREKER

TREKER Full Access Member

The point is, it's just simple to allow someone that is on the site all the time to have access to the TOTM section. I think that's what the major issue is. I doubt Patrick or Jack are not changing the pic because they don't want to, they're just busy.

No one is arguing about rules, just availability I think. The point is, if someone is ready, willing, able, and competent to run TOTM, why ahold there be an issue????

8. ccfeyh

ccfeyh New Member Supporting Member

WEll, unless it's setup as I described above, you have to give someone else permission to access your main site, alter/modify your page, then upload the page. I don't think anyone would want to permit anyone to have access to that part of their web site. I don't care how much you trust someone, it's just not something you give access to. The way I described it would elimintate that requirement and provide a simple easy means to update the TOTM photo.

Hell, to make it even simpler, set the main page to display a photo from Jeff's garage area called TOTM.jpg, then Jeff changes the photo each month.

9. Ironhead

Ironhead Full Access Member

come here and pull my finger:aetsch:

10. JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE

I would but I dont think its your finger you want pulled:aetsch:

11. Ironhead

Ironhead Full Access Member

see your getting smarter everyday lol:aetsch:

12. JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE

:D :D :D :D :D

13. Psycho Mythic

Psycho Mythic Full Access Member

Thank you Tony, your a great friend and asset to all who know you, and I appriciate everything you've done for me. Wheather my pic makes the front page doesn't matter to me, I'm just grateful to be a part of this great online community. Just enjoy it guys :rock:

14. ViperJeff

ViperJeff Misanthrope Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Hey Cody,

That even helped me feel better, your a Good Man :rock:

J