Just a Question for the Snow Ppl

Bussiculo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How has your truck been handling the elements this winter? I've been driving mine for about 2 weeks had two different storms here. Besides starting off she's been perfectly fine. Spinning tires a few times but other than that not bad.

They don't. Exhibits A and and B

u2eterud.jpg

utesugen.jpg

That's why you need one of these as a daily driver:

u3yqeqy9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20" wheels with studded snow tires and 600 lbs of sand bags get me through Idaho winters with no problem. Without them, it is useless.

I use mine as a daily driver as well. I am running all season Goodyear's and couldn't believe the winter driveability this beast has! It actually does better on the snow and ice than any other rear drive vehical I've owned... It doesn't really seem to have any problems starting at 15 below zero either.

Does great, under a cover in the garage.

The way Dodges have a tendency to rust rear quarters I won't take mine out till all the salt is washed off the roads here in NY

Does great, under a cover in the garage.

The way Dodges have a tendency to rust rear quarters I won't take mine out till all the salt is washed off the roads here in NY

Just replace 'em when necessary. :dontknow:

mine works great in the winter.. i drove it into the garage middle of december put battery tender on it and started driving the avalanche i own never had an issue :D

This year there is no snow here but last year we had our share.
With a good set of winter tires it works out great. (i have bridgestone blizzak in 22")
The 10 is my daily driver so it does see snow and salty roads. An under body coating and wheel well liners in the rear are the protection against winter conditions.

This is the closest mine comes to snow...I have a winter truck for the nasty stuff....

Attachments

• 2012-12-26_16-28-22_418.jpg
    2012-12-26_16-28-22_418.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Buy a Lightning for the winter. Nuff said.:D

Oh and to think it had it all backwards? I have the 10 for the winter and the Lightning for the warmer weather...

All kidding aside, the Lightning is just plain dangerous in the snow! Ford even has a disclaimer posted inside the driver's side door jamb.

I use mine as a daily driver as well. I am running all season Goodyear's and couldn't believe the winter driveability this beast has! It actually does better on the snow and ice than any other rear drive vehical I've owned... It doesn't really seem to have any problems starting at 15 below zero either.

same here, except for the 15 below crap, lol

gone up hills, around stuck 4 wheel drives, no to very very little probs.

& thats with BFG's & these GT Radils:rock::rock::rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back