Just disgusted by the forum lately

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSrt007

Reaction score
Having some time to get on the forum and read for the last few days has been a disappointment to say the least :mad:. The way people have treated other is nauseating, and the amount of respect for one another is just indigestible.

I read the General discussion section, and notice topics which are started with a topic of trucks, but end is a topic which has nothing to do with the topic at hand; going from trucks to posting garbled junk about whatever is on the persons mind! If you want to post about your toe nails and other non-related SRT talk, then do it in a post-hoe like thread, not in a valid thread which has meaning and information. What kind of example does that show to new members who are 'searching' for real information to later find out about a persons scratching there arm or something....

I also see people so strong in there beliefs that there opinion has no verbal respect for the other person who's beliefs differ. This is causing huge problems, posts to be deleted, and thread to be closed. The blame isn't to the moderator or administrator, its due to the person who called the other person (an example) a "f*ing retard" and other ridiculous / slandering words which would have not been said had they have been talking to real life. Now it is understandable that view WILL differ between people, but that still does not justify the insulting signatures, avatars, comments, and images.

This forum was created for a place to discuss the truck, yet have other topic of discussions. IF you want to discuss a topic which is not SRT related, then it should be posted in the OFF TOPIC section. Once posted in the off topic section, posts NEED to remain on topic and INSULTS should not be thrown at one another. On that note, if a topic is NWS then dont open it if you are offended by NWS material. On the flip side, dont place NWS material in a non-NWS thread! Now, if someone throws an jab at another member, the post will be removed/edited if it has NO VALID INFORMATION and is just there opinion (which will be up to admin / mods discretion).

We want everyone to have fun and talk about the Ram OR other stuff, but we don't want new members being run off the VTCOA, members being directly insulted, or posts going off topic.

If your posts happens to be edit or deleted, feel free to PM us, or get ahold of us, as we would enjoy to explain the reasoning behind it; if it was our mistake (misunderstanding), we would love to correct OUR actions, we are humans too :eek:. If you have an opinion on a matter feel free to post it, but just take into consideration the other 4000 people that are reading it and if it might directly offend another.

Bottom line is everyone need to have fun, but don't take it personally if we try to keep the forum organized; I think everyone would enjoy a place which grows with knowledge and less trash.

Thanks

Patrick

RedSrt007 said:
Having some time to get on the forum and read for the last few days has been a disappointment to say the least :mad:. The way people have treated other is nauseating, and the amount of respect for one another is just indigestible.

I read the General discussion section, and notice topics which are started with a topic of trucks, but end is a topic which has nothing to do with the topic at hand; going from trucks to posting garbled junk about whatever is on the persons mind! If you want to post about your toe nails and other non-related SRT talk, then do it in a post-hoe like thread, not in a valid thread which has meaning and information. What kind of example does that show to new members who are 'searching' for real information to later find out about a persons scratching there arm or something....

I also see people so strong in there beliefs that there opinion has no verbal respect for the other person who's beliefs differ. This is causing huge problems, posts to be deleted, and thread to be closed. The blame isn't to the moderator or administrator, its due to the person who called the other person (an example) a "f*ing retard" and other ridiculous / slandering words which would have not been said had they have been talking to real life. Now it is understandable that view WILL differ between people, but that still does not justify the insulting signatures, avatars, comments, and images.

This forum was created for a place to discuss the truck, yet have other topic of discussions. IF you want to discuss a topic which is not SRT related, then it should be posted in the OFF TOPIC section. Once posted in the off topic section, posts NEED to remain on topic and INSULTS should not be thrown at one another. On that note, if a topic is NWS then dont open it if you are offended by NWS material. On the flip side, dont place NWS material in a non-NWS thread! Now, if someone throws an jab at another member, the post will be removed/edited if it has NO VALID INFORMATION and is just there opinion (which will be up to admin / mods discretion).

We want everyone to have fun and talk about the Ram OR other stuff, but we don't want new members being run off the VTCOA, members being directly insulted, or posts going off topic.

If your posts happens to be edit or deleted, feel free to PM us, or get ahold of us, as we would enjoy to explain the reasoning behind it; if it was our mistake (misunderstanding), we would love to correct OUR actions, we are humans too :eek:. If you have an opinion on a matter feel free to post it, but just take into consideration the other 4000 people that are reading it and if it might directly offend another.

Bottom line is everyone need to have fun, but don't take it personally if we try to keep the forum organized; I think everyone would enjoy a place which grows with knowledge and less trash.

Thanks

Patrick

Thank for your input Patrick, it sounds pretty reasonable to me.:D

Last edited:
Amen brother, looks like the moderators will be busy. This post is way overdue.

Bruce

Maybe we could forgive and forget and just move forward?? :dontknow: ;) ;) :D

Gee,

I spend most of my time in the off-topic for that simple reason.

I think it .....

I just better not say anything at this point.

Good Day All

Jeff

FWIW... I sure hope and pray that our family just didn't get smaller. It would be a shame to say the least

MYuGiOh Motorsports said:
Gee,

I spend most of my time in the off-topic for that simple reason.

I think it .....

I just better not say anything at this point.

Good Day All

Jeff

FWIW... I sure hope and pray that our family just didn't get smaller. It would be a shame to say the least
Jeff, I encourage you to continue spending you time in off topic and other areas other then the SRT related sections, reread the post and you will see that if anything, more members would want to be a part of a well built topic/off topic forum. We don't force people to do anything, and we don't ban people from refusing to do stuff...this is not the NFFF, but sometimes a few bad apples must fall off the tree so it doesn't ruin the entire batch ;)

Debating / discussing about a off-topic is great, and relaxing for some......but its better in a factual non-degrading way.

RedSrt007 said:
Jeff, I encourage you to continue spending you time in off topic and other areas other then the SRT related sections, reread the post and you will see that if anything, more members would want to be a part of a well built topic/off topic forum. We don't force people to do anything, and we don't ban people from refusing to do stuff...this is not the NFFF, but sometimes a few bad apples must fall off the tree so it doesn't ruin the entire batch ;)

Debating / discussing about a off-topic is great, and relaxing for some......but its better in a factual non-degrading way.

I actually read it twice just to make sure.

I'm sure you put a great deal of thought into your post. I have come to expect that from you. SO I think it would be unfair for me to just lash out without letting the information settle in.

My hope with the post is that some of out other members might do the same thing. Pause, think, and consider carefully there response.

We all to often with come back with guns a blazing, thinking that a post was specifically directed us the reader.

So pause folks, let it sink in

Today is a good day and so will be tomorrow

Jeff

I'm sure you put a great deal of thought into your post. I have come to expect that from you. SO I think it would be unfair for me to just lash out without letting the information settle in.

My hope with the post is that some of out other members might do the same thing. Pause, think, and consider carefully there response.

We all to often with come back with guns a blazing, thinking that a post was specifically directed us the reader.

Jeff

I understand...good post Jeff , Thank You

I agree red, posts should be kept on topic about the truck or other vehicles. Slamming someone should be eliminated. This is a great site and should be kept that way. There are plenty of threads on here for slam and NWS and general BS. I for one , do not offend or intimidate easily. But I'm sure there are many that do. Keep up the good work...This is a great site and family lets just do it.....;)

I understand where you are coming from about getting off topic and all Patrick but I will say this forum has very little slamming & blazing compared to most on the web....one reason I like being here..

Jeff
Jeff,I think i will be spending more time in off topic myself.I do not really contribute much technically or what ever,But i do enjoy jumping in occasionally.I just kind of respond sometimes without looking to see what section it is in.See you there.

JRSVIPR said:
Jeff,I think i will be spending more time in off topic myself.I do not really contribute much technically or what ever,But i do enjoy jumping in occasionally.I just kind of respond sometimes without looking to see what section it is in.See you there.

That is my biggest problem.

I would agree with you on that Annu....when someone starts a thread about the truck ---they are looking (usually) for input or answers to help them make decisions about mods parts,repairs etc. They are not looking for slams such as sell your truck,buy a prious or being called names.. They surely don't want to wonder if people really think they are stupid ...there is no such thing as a stupid question...

Last edited:
I think Annu is on-topic with his post. Annu you are only smarter because you are not afraid to ask questions. But we do ras you up quite a bit at times:D .

At times it is difficult to read through a tech post with some of the hoing. But I look at it as that's who we are.:rock:

As far as bashing goes. Yes it does happen, but for the most part it is people messing with each other and having a good time on both sides.

For me when I first got on the site I took a lot of the post replied to me very personel. Then I realized they are trying to help out and not trying to be disrespectful. Go to the Viper alley and they do try to put you down. It is a totally different atmosphere here.

I have complete trust in the mods here and respect their actions. Afterall they are the boss:) and do an excellent job.

Patrick,

I consider you more (as) a friend than anything else... and I respect your position as a leader of this forum.... (I believe) I understand the essence of your post, but it begs a qualifying response..

Your point is well made about staying on topic in tech threads. But the laid back nature of this forum seems to tolerate an acceptable amount of bullshit banter once the technical aspects of a subject have been thoroughly exhausted, particularly amongst those of us who know each other well.... And everyone seems to just accept that as part of how things flow around here... It is (after all) a family.

The real disgust that I've felt of late was precipitated by the (now infamous) closed thread....

Yes, Mikey got way hot and launched into one of his diatribes as he usually does whenever some poor unsuspecting Christian says the J WORD or the B WORD... No sooner does either of those suspects appear and Mikey's rocket launch countdown begins...

But still, despite that predictable reaction, I felt that the discussion could have carried on in a frank and honest manner and possibly even been helpful to both sides striving to understand the other... But..... regrettably... it was shut down ..... OK.. that's Jack's perogative.

Still, those of us who thrive on the exchange of ideas and differences of opinion were quite disappointed by Jack's decision.... As if we're children who can be told when to shut up and go to bed.... It was both insulting and inappropriate to close the thread. In fact, it was just plain wrong.

D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back