Just got her home! Couple quick questions...

So, I just got my 2005 quad cab home. On the 225 mile journey, I noticed a couple of things -

1) The coolant temp fluctuated between 195 and 205 and would rise to 210-215 after shutting the engine off.

2) The transmission stutters a little at low speed / from a dead stop (does okay afterwards.)

Any ideas? How normal is this?
Welcome aboard. Your temps are normal
I think you need dual duals All 10's need those:)

There should be a Shudder App for your phone....??

Sorry AMS3 without being there, it's a bit of a toughie. Doesn't sound serious though.
It DOES sound like something contacting something else when the engine rocks a bit under a bit of load.
I don't see where it might be contacting. Now when I first bought the truck, the driveshaft would hit an exhaust hangar due to worn springs. Once I put new OEM springs back on, all that mess went away. I'm leaning towards motor mounts a little worn.

Hey guys, I think I may know what's causing the shudder at low speed (0-15mph) - the U-joints and carrier bearing for the driveshaft! My mechanic thinks the pinion angle may be off from the lowering kit, which accelerated the wear of these two items. Any thoughts on that?

Hey guys, I think I may know what's causing the shudder at low speed (0-15mph) - the U-joints and carrier bearing for the driveshaft! My mechanic thinks the pinion angle may be off from the lowering kit, which accelerated the wear of these two items. Any thoughts on that?
That would make sense I guess. My problem is both the u joints and carrier bearing are new. I'll have to look at the angle to assess. Thanks for the input.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back