Just inspected a 2005 RC with 16K miles and had few questions

Just fyi. Something nobody has mentioned here. 04 insurance is considerably lower due to the truck being considered a 1500 with an options package rather than an SRT10.

You must be used to "negative comments and stupied jokes" if the first thing you do is warn us all. Maybe you are the problem???

I agree with post 3 quite strongly, go buy a new truck and be sure to inspect daily for water accumulation in places that really don't matter all that much, stupid.

Any particular reason? And don't say 4.56s because you can make up for that disadvantage with a driver mod. :D

1. Bigger brakes than 2004
2. Knock sensor
3. Yup, the 4.56 gears :)
4. Not too keen of the 2006 front end looks and weight
5. 2004s have oil and power steering line issues than 2005 (correct me if I was wrong on this one)

Gen3 viper engines period have hose issues. The other reasons you mention are fair and why I chose an 05. And I like the 05 headlights, bumper, and grille better. Like the 06 interior more I think though other than color. :D

You must be used to "negative comments and stupied jokes" if the first thing you do is warn us all. Maybe you are the problem???

I agree with post 3 quite strongly, go buy a new truck and be sure to inspect daily for water accumulation in places that really don't matter all that much, stupid.

Lololololollolol! :chain:

Yea I didnt understand all the namecalling either, especially after he said "no jokes or negative comments" I think this guys a "creep"

TLC - Creep - YouTube

I second that emotion. If you want friendly advice, you shouldn't start with a rude tone.

Just fyi. Something nobody has mentioned here. 04 insurance is considerably lower due to the truck being considered a 1500 with an options package rather than an SRT10.

Is that true? Mine's registered as an SRT1o!

-Big

Last edited:
yeah i dont see insurance issue my insurance shows mine as a ram 1500 and my insurance is fairly decent :)

I am also baffled why someone would make a post on an online truck/car forum asking car guys.... to NOT BE CAR GUYS!

We joke, we poke fun, but deep down we all want to help those without knowledge, attain knowledge. That's part of what being an enthusiast is all about. Asking us to not be ourselves speaks volumes to me that you have no idea what you are getting yourself into...

Original poster....

You could have just said,

Hey all I am looking at an SRT10 and this is what I found..... What is your advice?

:dontknow:

Last edited:
I second that emotion. If you want friendly advice, you shouldn't start with a rude tone.

Is that true? Mine's registered as an SRT1o!

-Big

Yeh. It says SRT10 as a package not as the type vehicle. I know my insurance DROPPED when I went from an 04 dakota v8 to the 10.

1. Bigger brakes than 2004
2. Knock sensor
3. Yup, the 4.56 gears :)
4. Not too keen of the 2006 front end looks and weight
5. 2004s have oil and power steering line issues than 2005 (correct me if I was wrong on this one)

1. Brakes are same size. 04 has 2 larger pistons on fronts, 05 have 4 smaller pistons. If you aren't on a road course track daily, you'll never even know the difference.
2. The lack of a knock sensor has yet to cause any harm on any of the 04's
3. The gears are easily changed to 4.56 IF an 04 is bought.
4.Ditto
5. You are wrong ;)

1. Brakes are same size. 04 has 2 larger pistons on fronts, 05 have 4 smaller pistons. If you aren't on a road course track daily, you'll never even know the difference.
2. The lack of a knock sensor has yet to cause any harm on any of the 04's
3. The gears are easily changed to 4.56 IF an 04 is bought.
4.Ditto
5. You are wrong ;)

Trussman, forgot to put 6. 04 in silver is the best looking color:rock:

I can assure you 05's have problems with oil exchanger lines and power steering lines. Start with a design with its primary mission is to speed up assembly on the factory floor rather than long term reliability and you get what we got...garbage. Easy to replace. Good luck with the search.

Due to your :stupid: comments made Steven the truck is no longer for sale to you. Keep dreaming of a real vehicle while you drive your junk BMW

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Looking under the vehicle there is no structural damage and also there are no clamp marks on the frame that would suggest that its been in a major accident or even a minor one. The over spray if that's what it actually is could also be from the bed cover perhaps not being OEM. As far as water or condensate in a lamp it would blow a fuse or bulb and any :stupid: that knows anything about any car would indeed know that.

He's just a BMW owner dreaming of bigger and better things! Ha ha keep on dreaming is what I say!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back