Just my luck

I would buff it first and then if you have to repaint it at least its one panel. I would just come out of pocket rather than using my insurance
You must not have seen the newest pictures. ...

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

In the shop now awaiting the verdict from the appraiser on what her fate will be in two days. I hope I get my baby back.

Last edited:
A lot of blood, sweat, and tears has gone into this truck. If I do end up having to get a new one, I want to make sure my build continues on.

..isn't it a legal requirement to have 3rd party insurance cover over there?

Yes, you are suppose to have auto insurance period, doesn't mean everybody will. They'll buy it then let it lapse and crash somebody vehicle. If they are caught they get locked up.

Buy it back 4 link it, Tub it out, wide wide tires and a turbo.

I took off everything I put into it. Only pieces I couldn't remove are the RC springs, rear shackles, clutch pedal assembly, and the rear Hellwig sway bar which I think is damaged anyway.

I took off everything I put into it. Only pieces I couldn't remove are the RC springs, rear shackles, clutch pedal assembly, and the rear Hellwig sway bar which I think is damaged anyway.

So have you heard anything from shop? Any estimate? Have the had time to tear it down?

Bad Luck As well.

My 10 got hit same left fender and this zombie girl with blue hair had no insurance found out that The General had cancelled her. Now you could file a claim under uninsured motorist claim through your insurance company but that will depend on your deductible. My damage was 876.00 and my deductible was higher so had to pay out of pocket. All in all you have no options but to fix it yourself. On top of that this girl lied to the cop by giving her proof of insurance and the damn cop never verified through the database. I called the police Dept no help now I have to file a complaint with the state. Trust me it sucks. Now I will have to go to small claims don't know if it is worth the time and effort.

If you change your mind about a new build, can I be first in line for your manual console. I hope my request is not offensive.

Last edited:
This just plain sucks. Sorry to hear. Lookin like time to find a garage to keep her safe. Good luck getting repaired. Hopefully you will make your build date.

If you change your mind about a new build, can I be first in line for your manual console. I hope my request is not offensive.

Not offensive at all sir, I thank you for your interest and don't blame you for asking as it was a very hard part to aquire. But I have hope that my truck will survive this tragedy, and even if it didn't I will be buying myself another 06 QC to continue my dream. I have waited along time and made many sacrifices to just have that dream stripped away from me and end this way. The build must go on. :)

My 10 got hit same left fender and this zombie girl with blue hair had no insurance found out that The General had cancelled her. Now you could file a claim under uninsured motorist claim through your insurance company but that will depend on your deductible. My damage was 876.00 and my deductible was higher so had to pay out of pocket. All in all you have no options but to fix it yourself. On top of that this girl lied to the cop by giving her proof of insurance and the damn cop never verified through the database. I called the police Dept no help now I have to file a complaint with the state. Trust me it sucks. Now I will have to go to small claims don't know if it is worth the time and effort.

Sorry to hear about your loss as well. There really should be some kind of law that allows DMV to make random checks on vehicles for insurance compliance. I don't know why they allow this to happen to responsible members of society or why law enforcement doesn't punish those that are caught without it more severely than just giving them a mere citation. It's ridiculous. :mad:

Wow! All i can say, Plain sucks. If i ever come over again, not bringing my truck. lol, still, so so sorry to see this happen to you. You said the second drunk driver took off?

In Nevada if you have a salvage title and rebuild it you can get an inspection at a body shop for $40 then go to dmv inspection then they will issue a rebuilt title

Wow! All i can say, Plain sucks. If i ever come over again, not bringing my truck. lol, still, so so sorry to see this happen to you. You said the second drunk driver took off?

Haha. Don't be scared James. You'll be alright.

The second drunk driver couldn't go anywhere as he broke both axles on impact and lost his front wheels with spindles and everything. When I got there, his springs and wheels where scattered all over the street. Needless to say, my baby took that hit like a champ. All that came off of my truck was the body kit panel. And it was just cracked, it didn't shatter into a million pieces like his GM.

Damn, no insurance on him. I hate that for people.

Hopefully it works out and you don't have to come off any money.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back