Just sitting back thinking......

Discussion in 'Non-Offensive' started by RedSrt007, Sep 23, 2007.

1. RedSrt007

RedSrt007 Active Member

Please allow me to have a little mind-writing session here :) ....not truck related :eek:

Just wanted to share my appreciation to the forum, and let everyone know that sometimes its good to sit back, take a little time off, and look at what you have going on in your life.

This week has shown me a lot of things, and made a lot of decisions clear. I realized that every morning, I have a roof over my head, food on the table, family that loves me, and friends that would have your back in a moments notice. I feel in our daily (repetitious) tasks, we find ourselves caught in the vicious circle of 'making a living', or most would call it 'work' :D . We meet people who are different in many ways, but somehow you get to talking and these 'strangers' suddenly become friends. Something so simple, like a truck or a car, can bring people hundreds of miles together :dontknow: . With that being said, I have met some people on this forum who have amazed me.... and everyone of them has etched a memory in my head, which I will carry till the day I enter my grave.

My partner Jack, the moderators, and all the members who I have had the pleasure of chatting / meeting; thank you for the time you graciously donated to me. We get so busy in our daily routine, that when you finally get a chance to just lay down and just look up at the clouds, close your eyes for a few hours; you really get to relax and replay parts of your life in your mind. You realize how the big things in life (Bills, house, cars, toys, etc...) don't really mean much....its the family, friends, and those around you who are of importance when all is said and done. I talk to a lot of people lately, who are in bad situations, stressing about everything from finances to business decisions; including myself.

I challenge you to take a moment out of your hectic schedule this week, lay in a hammock, lawn chair, or your favorite spot, just close your eyes and relax..... You will be surprised about what you think about :) . You will find how materialistic treasures in life seem to be so meaningless compared to the people you just thought of.

If your up to it, call one of the people you thought of. Let them know you were thinking about them and wish them strength in whatever they are doing...I think you will be surprised meaningful this is to someone including yourself.

Thank you for the time you spent reading this...and have a blessed weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4B-r8KJhlE

-Patrick

2. FSTJACK

FSTJACK Full Access Member

Thank you to my friends and mentors.

Very good thoughts Patrick.

I know I sometimes take the most important things in my life for granted.
    Thats when I need the good people that are in my life to be even more involved.

We do have a great thing that happens everyday on the VTCoA.

I get to share my life experiances and hear about yours and make good friends that would not be possible without the people on this place.
    There are many of you who I consider good friends, the list is long.

I am grateful for my friend and partner Patrick and all the other wonderful folks that help me minute by minute.

3. Django

Django New Member Supporting Member

4. JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE Active Member Preferred Vendor

I do feel your pains:D

When I first started my own biz of truckin, it totally took up all my time.
    I basically alienated everyone in my life, nothing ment more to me than making the allmighty $, and making sure the bills got paid. It almost cost me some great friends and a wonderful wife. Just the strain of knowing you dont have a choice but to make it work because I decided to do this, and if I failed it meant that I failed my family.
    But what I came to realize is they loved and cared for me thru the good times and the bad. I realized that I would make it if I jsut did things correct, made a few adjustments to my lifestyle, some sacrafices,and that at the end of the day things would be ok.
    I came home one week , tired, worn, angry, and worried I hadnt done enough for the week, I walked into the house, my lil buddy stinker ran up and went crazy to see me, Joanne came up and gave me a huge hug, and I knew then thru the tears, that there were more important things in life.from that day on things changed, I made sure I took the time to enjoy a part of the day with friends and family, and as soon as I did that, my entire life changed. Things got better and easier, I was always in a better mood, and slowly but surely things worked out and got easier.

You will make it brother, You are a strong person, and its good to see you realize the importance of friends and family, they will jsut make you that much stronger.

good luck in your lifes venture:rock:

5. OCBob

OCBob VIPER POWERED

The only thing in life worth a shit is the people that you can call real friends and family. Take my word for it, money and all the other crap really means nothing, nobody will ever remember you for your wallet, it's all about your heart. There are folks here that I would do anything in my power for, I hope you know who you are, it's not the kind of thing I say out loud. I can't wait to see some of you again next month, it's been way too long.

That doesn't mean I'll cut you any slack if we do the kart racing though LOL.

I still haven't seen Jerry, Denise, or JR sign up for Pechanga. Don't make me hunt your asses down, I know where to find you LOL.

Jack is like my older Brother (well, way older hehehe) and Patrick is like my younger Brother (yes, way younger) and I love the both of you. I only hope that I show it as much as I feel it.

6. TNVIPER

TNVIPER Active Member Supporting Member

As I read this thread I get that fuzzy feeling all over...great forum....amazed at how people here will jump in and give their 8.3 cents worth...and on the other side of the coin I am so fortunite to have a wife and kid that..well...hell....make my life too easy..

That said my only concern is " Patrick did you get my PayPal payment today?".....;)

7. TheSickness

TheSickness Full Access Member

:D .........................:D That's for Jack and Patrick :rock:

I am overwhelmingly happy to see that a new day has dawned. I as well have made strides and over come some major turmoil in my life. I was afforded an opportunity to really effect change in a few people's lives. I finally feel that my efforts have not been fruitless, but in fact very rewarding. I was able to set aside some things that have troubled me for some months now and patch up some loose ends. A friend that I had once feared that I had lost forever over some pretty stupid Shit, proved to me last night. That the bond he and I had developed over years of not understanding each other fully, was now and forever cemented in time. Friends for life !!!

The word friend to me is one of the most powerful things I can say or do for anybody. It means everything to me and judging from a marathon 5.5 hr phone call we put everything aside and just embraced each other....Found common ground and expressed openly our Love for one another....The way it should have been all along....He knows now that I am and always will be there for him and that I will do everything in my power to protect him from all that wish to harm him....I am fiercely loyal and forever indebted to this man for many things. The only thing anyone needs to understand about me is this When I call you my friend, you are my family. When I look at you and tell you that I Love you it is not some kind of saying to me......I mean it :D Oh and one more thing ;) I will not ever let anyone come onto this place I call home and do something to harm anyone of my family members period....

I Love this place.......I would like to think that I have served the members of this site with the utmost integrity and it has been an honor meeting hundreds of you guys over the years......This site was made by the people and for the people. When people lose sight of that fact is when it no longer becomes viable and the small things in life become open sores....Remember the people that truly make a difference here, remember all the good this place has done and why we are the most special of all internet sites......The people !!! Nobody has what we have or the caliber of people we do...........Truly selfless people that are genuine and honest.

I am so blessed to have people like Shawn, John, Tony, Jack, Wifey, Jerry, Billy, NBT, Pete, Tim, Jake, Brat, Scooter, Eddie, Roy, Nowwhat, Jeffy and everyone that I have called friend in my life, the list is too long to type.....I owe you guys so much that I will never be able to repay.....The help my family got, the move....this place spawned my best friends in the world.....How could I ever pay that back......the way I always have..I will continue to do my part with no fanfare and always being there when needed and doing my thing as Yoda calls it on the flip side :D It has been a true honor to serve you guys.......Thank you to everyone for putting up with me all these years.....and thanks for being my friend...Much Love to all of my friends and family you all mean so much to me.......

Jack I Love you Bro.......Shawn you truly inspire me beyond words. Your dedication and loyalty does not go unnoticed by anyone...You and Billy are my best friends...........Much Love to you both :D

P.S. I am sorry I rambbled....Hard to type and wipe away tears at the same time and if any of you HoMo's make fun of that.........I will kill you :D :p :D

Last edited: Sep 23, 2007
  8. KRAZYSRT10

KRAZYSRT10 Full Access Member

Somebody has been drinkin....:D:D:D

9. Prof

Prof New Member Supporting Member

Life is wonderful. No matter the bs that crops up.

Life is strange, and exciting.

Life would not seem as full without the people I have met here.

While Tim offered James Taylor to help with the mood, allow me to add a little beauty, for those of you who love art and animals:

http://www.ashesandsnow.org/ Go ahead try the "Enhanced Experience".

10. TheSickness

Don't be an Ass Kris :D

11. KRAZYSRT10

KRAZYSRT10 Full Access Member

I've been an Ass since way before you met me....so dont judge me!;):elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant:

BTW....Tell the family Hi for me...I'll try to squeeze in a call this week. Then I gotta leave for a minute...got some stuff to do for God and Country. Be back by December hopefully...:dontknow:

12. ILtemprd

ILtemprd Full Access Member

:rock: :rock:

13. mauiSRT/10

mauiSRT/10 New Member Supporting Member

Life rules...........as long as you have family and friends!!!!!!!

patrick

14. Hamrhead

Hamrhead New Member Supporting Member

Today is my day off, and as much as I'd like to take a ride in my Viper, I think I'm just going to 'take the day off' - completely.

No putting on shoes for me today. No going anywhere. Just going to sit around, relax, drink a few beers, mess around on the 'puter, watch some TV, and oh yeah, wish that I had Twin Turbos...

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=18207512

:D :rock: :D

15. Silverback

Silverback New Member Supporting Member

To Patrick and Jack.

Very nice posts by both of you. Then the HO's jumped in and it lost a little bit, but still a moving thread. ;) :D

Anyway, I admire and respect both of you gentlemen. You are both different people that without the common love of the SRT/10 Truck, probably would never spoken to each other if you bumped on the street. So even though you are different, (Jack more different than most ;) ) as night and day, you gell together here.

This forum would not be what it is today, without both of you. Patrick is the brains that keeps this place ticking. He also provides a youthful exuberance that some of us old farts have lost or maybe misplaced. Jack is the wise elder statesman, who is always willing to help out and provide advice. Sometimes members listen, sometimes they do not. Sometimes you just have to learn from your own mistakes.

So, there you have my input on this great site. Owned and run by two great men that I'm privilaged to call friends. The site is also filled with some great members that I'm also honored to call friends. Then there are some that are just plain assholes, but I really don't give a F*ck about them. I just but them on my ignore list and move on.

Long live Jack:rock: , Patrick:rock: , and the VTCOA.:rock:

16. TREKER

TREKER Full Access Member

Thank you for posting this thread guys...

For some it means more than others. To me, I feel at home.

I think John Lennon said. "Life's what happens when your busy making other plans."

All the best....

17. Begood

Begood Full Access Member

I just want to say thank you to all the people I have met through this place, and all the great friends I now have because of it.

Thank you for putting up with me, and being there when I needed cheering up.

Bill.

P.S. thanks Mikey for the song you left on my cell phone.

18. TheSickness

Bwahahahha I sing good :D

19. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Full Access Member

Yep I agree! I have had the pleasure of making some great friends on this site and I'm grateful to all of you for being as nice (sept some but like silver says F%*^M) as you all are!!:D :rock:

20. VPRPWR

VPRPWR Full Access Member

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: