Just wanted to say hi all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the madhouse......the water is pretty warm lately......but I'm not to sure if it is because someone is peeing in the water:D

TheSickness said:
What up KoiBoy :rock: Missed ya lots and welcome to this establishment. BTW start posting up, I enjoyed your posts on the other site :D :rock:
And then theres mikey... Dunno what to say.. I always liked you, considering the wierd SOB that you are... :D Still training/fighting????

breederofkoi said:
Anyone have any ideas why I can't bring these thread subscriptions in my USER CP????? I have to keep searching for them. It keeps saying that I haven't subscribed to any threads.

Are you subscribing by using the thread tools? If you are then I can't help you out. Try PM one of the admins.

As far as the STS I'm seeing 10.0 or richer under boost. I want to get a tune and some meth. I know there is a line there between power and blowing the engine. I'm trying not to cross that line.

breederofkoi said:
And then theres mikey... Dunno what to say.. I always liked you, considering the wierd SOB that you are... :D Still training/fighting????
Nope ! In a way yes....Fighting to keep the lights on and food on the table bro...:eek:

FlyingLow said:
Are you subscribing by using the thread tools? If you are then I can't help you out. Try PM one of the admins.

As far as the STS I'm seeing 10.0 or richer under boost. I want to get a tune and some meth. I know there is a line there between power and blowing the engine. I'm trying not to cross that line.
I'm no pro, but 10 sounds plenty rich, in fact, I don't think I'd wanna be any richer (10 is even to rich, in my opinion, but I'm no pro).. I'm gonna try to get mine up to abou 11-11.2, I'll be satisfied if I can get it there.. Is 10 rich enough to have to worry about cylinder wash (thats been my concern when I see mine drop down there)???

breederofkoi said:
I'm no pro, but 10 sounds plenty rich, in fact, I don't think I'd wanna be any richer (10 is even to rich, in my opinion, but I'm no pro).. I'm gonna try to get mine up to abou 11-11.2, I'll be satisfied if I can get it there.. Is 10 rich enough to have to worry about cylinder wash (thats been my concern when I see mine drop down there)???

10 is too rich. But I only want my tuned by roe and have been able to get over to Jax. I think a nice 11 will be good plus add some meth just in case. That is my plan. What is cylinder wash?

FlyingLow said:
10 is too rich. But I only want my tuned by roe and have been able to get over to Jax. I think a nice 11 will be good plus add some meth just in case. That is my plan. What is cylinder wash?
When your running so damned rich that it washes the cylinders walls with fuel.. Basically washes the lubricating oil off of the cylinder wall... Can cause wicked scoring or varnishing.. By the way, if you have a lab top and really good A/F meter, you can tune yourself, just take it in small increments.. I play with the fuel setting in mine every couple weeks.. I need to get some more cards though, to store tunes on.

Last edited:
breederofkoi said:
When your running so damned rich that it washes the cylinders walls with fuel.. Basically washes the lubricating oil off of the cylinder wall... Can cause wicked scoring or varnishing.. By the way, if you have a lab top and really good A/F meter, you can tune yourself, just take it in small increments.. I play with the fuel setting in mine every couple weeks.. I need to get some more cards though, to store tunes on.

I have a wideband that you can hook up to a laptop, but I have no idea how to do that and I don't have any cables to do that. I have 4 tuning cards but no card reader or burner. Plus I have no program to read the A/F and I have no clue what the hell I'm doing. I would be really pissed at myself for trashing my own engine because I thought I would give tuning a try. But I think having the A/F so rich has helped keep #3 intac.

I think I remember you from the sh!t site - Welcome to The New And Improved Ram SRT Site!

F that other place.:thefinger: :D

Hamrhead said:
I think I remember you from the sh!t site - Welcome to The New And Improved Ram SRT Site!

F that other place.:thefinger: :D
Yes sir, I was over, and I still frequent it on a regular basis.. its just been really quite over there lately.. and I missed all you queers that left me over there. How the hell are ya?

FlyingLow said:
I have a wideband that you can hook up to a laptop, but I have no idea how to do that and I don't have any cables to do that. I have 4 tuning cards but no card reader or burner. Plus I have no program to read the A/F and I have no clue what the hell I'm doing. I would be really pissed at myself for trashing my own engine because I thought I would give tuning a try. But I think having the A/F so rich has helped keep #3 intac.
As I say this, understand that I am not trying to change your mind.. If you do not comfortable messing with the tuning, then definitely don't do it.. BUT, you don't need a card burner, the STS1e controller acts as a card burner if you have the right software loaded in the computer... I don't think the cable are anything special, if i remember right.. I think you can get them at radio shack. On a side note, keep an eye on your A/F gauge.. If you got the same AEM wideband meter that I got, then you'll probably discover the damn thing is very erratic... I used my buddies hand held A/F, then compared it against mine... His was nice and steady and mine jumped all over the frickin place... I'm still ticked about that one, and have been considering a new meter. Its a pain in the ass borrowing my friends everytime I wanna play with the tuning.

breederofkoi said:
As I say this, understand that I am not trying to change your mind.. If you do not comfortable messing with the tuning, then definitely don't do it.. BUT, you don't need a card burner, the STS1e controller acts as a card burner if you have the right software loaded in the computer... I don't think the cable are anything special, if i remember right.. I think you can get them at radio shack. On a side note, keep an eye on your A/F gauge.. If you got the same AEM wideband meter that I got, then you'll probably discover the damn thing is very erratic... I used my buddies hand held A/F, then compared it against mine... His was nice and steady and mine jumped all over the frickin place... I'm still ticked about that one, and have been considering a new meter. Its a pain in the ass borrowing my friends everytime I wanna play with the tuning.

I wouldn't mind trying to tune. Where did you get the software? I do have the AEM and I think it is more erratic because it samples at a faster rate. But under boost I'm at a steady 10.0. Take a picture of your cables that connect the AEM to your laptop for me. So you connect the wideband to the laptop and the laptop to the STS-1E?

breederofkoi said:
Yes sir, I was over, and I still frequent it on a regular basis.. its just been really quite over there lately.. and I missed all you queers that left me over there. How the hell are ya?
Same old same old - Working waay too much. Though, we're headed to Jerzey tomorrow - Island dragway. Looks like my bud with his '04 Viper and me are going to get into some bracket racing for a change.
Well, 2 test runs and then get eliminated in the first round.:eek: :dontknow: ;) :p

Mid 50's and sunny on Saturday - F it! Beats the hell outta workin'!:rock:

FlyingLow said:
I wouldn't mind trying to tune. Where did you get the software? I do have the AEM and I think it is more erratic because it samples at a faster rate. But under boost I'm at a steady 10.0. Take a picture of your cables that connect the AEM to your laptop for me. So you connect the wideband to the laptop and the laptop to the STS-1E?
I got the software from either RICK @ STS or from SHAWN @ ROE.. I'm pretty sure I got it from Rick, but not certain.. If I remeber right, I think it was 20-30 bucks, and that included the software and the cable to go from the STS-1E to the laptop (double check with rick).. As far as the A/F meter, I was using a friends hand held (not the AEM in the truck).. Next time I'm at my buddies, I'll see if I can get a picture of his setup. I know the AEM in truck can be used, but I'm not sure what all you need. The instruction book for the AEM goes over what you need (basically sounds like a computer serial port that you just hook up 2 wires to, should be really simple), and I'm sure Rick can help also.. If you want, I can swing by a radio shack and try to see what plug you need. Tuning it is intimidating at first, until you get used to how everything works (I had my friend, rick and shawn on the phone explaining it to me). but after I got the hang of it, it wasn't that bad, just remeber to go in small steps if you try it. If theres anything I can do to help, lemme know, and I'll try my best. Who did you say has been doing your tuning?? Out of curiosity, how much, if any, timing do you have pulled out??? I'm curious because I'd like to start adding some timing back in.

breederofkoi said:
I got the software from either RICK @ STS or from SHAWN @ ROE.. I'm pretty sure I got it from Rick, but not certain.. If I remeber right, I think it was 20-30 bucks, and that included the software and the cable to go from the STS-1E to the laptop (double check with rick).. As far as the A/F meter, I was using a friends hand held (not the AEM in the truck).. Next time I'm at my buddies, I'll see if I can get a picture of his setup. I know the AEM in truck can be used, but I'm not sure what all you need. The instruction book for the AEM goes over what you need (basically sounds like a computer serial port that you just hook up 2 wires to, should be really simple), and I'm sure Rick can help also.. If you want, I can swing by a radio shack and try to see what plug you need. Tuning it is intimidating at first, until you get used to how everything works (I had my friend, rick and shawn on the phone explaining it to me). but after I got the hang of it, it wasn't that bad, just remeber to go in small steps if you try it. If theres anything I can do to help, lemme know, and I'll try my best. Who did you say has been doing your tuning?? Out of curiosity, how much, if any, timing do you have pulled out??? I'm curious because I'd like to start adding some timing back in.

The tuning I have now has been through the mail from Roe. Earlier in the year I had some dyno runs and email the dyno's and A/F to Roe. Then they sent me new cards. Then all the STS started blowing up so I decided it might not be safe doing mail order tunes. So I planned on going to Roe and getting some work done and everytime I was scheduled something always came up. Now that I put on the hi-flow cats my A/F has leaned up a bit. Now I seem to be around 11.0 under boost and my boost seems to be very steady now and just a little lower. Which is good since I was seeing boost over 5 quite often. But now it looks like my water temp is running about 5 degrees warmer and the same for the oil temp. I know 5 degrees isn't much and maybe I'm just watching it closer as I was looking for problems after the cat install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back