Kicker Speaker upgrade

OnceBit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For anyone that is wanting to do the Kicker speaker upgrade, got a little helpful tip.

The system lists our trucks as a plug and play system upgrade, which many have found not to be the case. The speakers for the dash do not have the same connector as what is in our trucks. Easiest fix is to find a salvaged LX platform car (Charger, 300, Magnum, Challenger) and cut the pigtail wiring from the dash speakers of these vehicles. EXACT correct connector and simply splice the pigtail in behind the factory plug, just in case you were to decide to install the factory original speakers in again.

You colud do that or you can just order the connector from the dealer p/n 68040489AA
thats what I did.

lol...ya true...but when ya got a buddy that has three junked out LXs...I was able to get them for free.

Nice... and since I work at a dealer its easier for me to just order the connectors....LOL

I planned on spending some tax return money on a new sound set-up but are all the speakers wired with the same connectors as the sub?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back