Leak Detect Pump Full of Water

A leak detection pump is an instrument that is used to detect and reveal hidden leaks in vehicles by pressurizing a car's fuel system. Sometimes it is used in the residences and official firms. To stop the leaking of any water source generally this type of leak detection instruments are used.

what all is involved with deleatein the whole system???

& no codes since i'm in Texas & have inspections

Two codes will be active P1495 and P1496 if I remember right. It's pretty basic to delete it all, basically remove all the stuff involved and there is a spot on the intake that then needs a plug. It's been a long time and my memory sucks.

i would love to remove the whole system. less BS. a bit of a weight savins and it looks like it puts a good amount of crap into the intake manifold. sort of like the crank case ventin to the intake.

wonder if a tuner guy can go in & turn "off" the evap system to avoid codes???

Some day I was going to study the manual and see if I could place the right resisters in the right place to get it to shut off, but I haven't been that ambitious yet.

Some day I was going to study the manual and see if I could place the right resisters in the right place to get it to shut off, but I haven't been that ambitious yet.

Wonder if I could just start the truck up and back probe the plugs and measure the resistance

Wonder if I could just start the truck up and back probe the plugs and measure the resistance

from readin through the SM. you would have to catch it in operation

from readin through the SM. you would have to catch it in operation

ahh, i thought itd have a sensor that would be a constant resistance all the time, then when that resistance changed it turned on the pump

what all is involved with deleatein the whole system???

& no codes since i'm in Texas & have inspections

The LDP is the primary tool that the ECU uses to determine the air-tightness of the EVAP system to either OK or fail the EVAP readiness monitor.

You can't just unplug it and fool the ECU with a resistor because what the ECU does with the pump is more than just send a command and hope things work. It sends a command (PUMP!) and then watches for switch attached to the diaphragm in the pump to close. It keeps pumping (and counting the number of switch opening/closings!) until the pump can't pump any more which means the EVAP system has has reached a certain pressure (controlled by a spring in the pump). At this point, the switch is closed. The ECU then starts a timer and keeps watching the switch. If the switch opens before a set amount of time has elapsed then that means there's a leak in the system.

You could build a simulator to accomplish all this, I suppose. You might be able to get away with leaving the pump in place and capping the, for lack of a better term, suck hole....although I suspect that would set a "pinched hose" code since the ECU would see an unreasonably low number of pump strokes.

Last edited:
The LDP is the primary tool that the ECU uses to determine the air-tightness of the EVAP system to either OK or fail the EVAP readiness monitor.

You can't just unplug it and fool the ECU with a resistor because what the ECU does with the pump is more than just send a command and hope things work. It sends a command (PUMP!) and then watches for switch attached to the diaphragm in the pump to close. It keeps pumping (and counting the number of switch opening/closings!) until the pump can't pump any more which means the EVAP system has has reached a certain pressure (controlled by a spring in the pump). At this point, the switch is closed. The ECU then starts a timer and keeps watching the switch. If the switch opens before a set amount of time has elapsed then that means there's a leak in the system.

You could build a simulator to accomplish all this, I suppose. You might be able to get away with leaving the pump in place and capping the, for lack of a better term, suck hole....although I suspect that would set a "pinched hose" code since the ECU would see an unreasonably low number of pump strokes.

great explanation:rock::rock::rock:

thats what i was thinkin.

you could fool the puter that the system is ready & everything is in place, but then the puter would send the signal for the system test/check & would not get the expected results. "CEL"

if ya can turn the rear O2 sensors off then why can't ya turn the evap system off???? both are emissions.

if ya can turn the rear O2 sensors off then why can't ya turn the evap system off???? both are emissions.

I'm sure all this could be defeated with the appropriate code changes inside the ECU.

I'm sure all this could be defeated with the appropriate code changes inside the ECU.

i agree. Viper marine not have that crap:D, probably not too far off though:mad:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back