Lets bust a Scammer

brokenarrow184

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been in the market for a Harley for the last year or so, ended up getting a kickass truck so that put it on the back burner for a bit! anyways...

Found this on Craigslist, got a little excited but I figured it was a scam considering a bike like this would easily sell for $13-14,000..

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/mcy/830451689.html

So I respond to the ad and got an email response today....
Hi,
The bike is in perfect condition, it has never been involved in accidents so it has no damages. Mostly garage kept, because I didn't have time to drive it as much as I wanted. As I was the first owner I took care of it and never put it in a race or drive it madly. The bike has a clean title and it will come with all original keys and manuals. If you want to know anything about the bike feel free and ask and I will respond you in the shortest time possible.

Thanks!

I think, this might be legit. Well, I was still leary considering I asked for the guy to call me or just give me his number. I knew it was officially a scam when I got this....
Currently my bike is at one of the Online Outpost stores, one of the best eBay selling services. You will have to pay 50% down payment to them in a protected account and you will benefit of 10 days inspection period. If you won't be satisfied you will have the chance to return it. I would need your full name, address and phone number so i can put you in touch with the Online Outpost. I hope i made myself clear regarding this sale and i'm expecting your answer shortly.

I have asked for the guys phone number in three emails now and also asked him to call me, he has totally ignored that!

So right now Im playing dumb and still told the guy I was excited about the bike and told him to call for my address and other info (ill give him the address for the Police Dept I work for).

The email is [email protected] and he says his name is Ralph Nurenberg. I tried to look at some stuff in the email headers but Im not the greatest computer guy. I can forward the emails if anyone wants to help bust this guy or atleast try to screw him by sending a virus or something!

try to get him to say you can send a money order or check by us post office ,,,or send him one for like 5 bucks then call post office and you can get him busted for mail fraud ,,major bust lol

The Online Outpost looks to be a legit business..... :dontknow:

http://www.theonlineoutpost.com/

:confused:

EDIT: There is one location right down the road from me in Melbourne (Indiatlantic), FL! I could go check it out and ask them about the whole "50% down" thing, if you like. :)

Last edited:
Ya thats exactly who the email came from! I got the same damn email 6 times and he has asked twice now if i got it! He is definitely a scammer! He again, ignored my request for a phone call and he says the bike is in Corona CA but he is in Oklahoma City OK! Complete BS!

Im going to tell him Ill send the money after he calls me!

There is no way I will give this Ahole a dime without seeing the bike in person!

azpyroguy said:
Ask him for the VIN# so you can run a check on the bike...
Ya I was thinking about doing that! he hasn't responded back yet, we'll see if he does!

azpyroguy said:
Ask him for the VIN# so you can run a check on the bike...

Tell him you are pricing insurance for the bike and they need the vin to give an accurate quote.

Yea, I got scammed like that when someone stole the wheels off of my Cobra. They guy riped me off. I am real cautious of using eBAY anymore. i love it, but just never know.

brokenarrow184 said:
I have been in the market for a Harley for the last year or so, ended up getting a kickass truck so that put it on the back burner for a bit! anyways...

Found this on Craigslist, got a little excited but I figured it was a scam considering a bike like this would easily sell for $13-14,000..

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/mcy/830451689.html

So I respond to the ad and got an email response today....
Hi,
The bike is in perfect condition, it has never been involved in accidents so it has no damages. Mostly garage kept, because I didn't have time to drive it as much as I wanted. As I was the first owner I took care of it and never put it in a race or drive it madly. The bike has a clean title and it will come with all original keys and manuals. If you want to know anything about the bike feel free and ask and I will respond you in the shortest time possible.

Thanks!

I think, this might be legit. Well, I was still leary considering I asked for the guy to call me or just give me his number. I knew it was officially a scam when I got this....
Currently my bike is at one of the Online Outpost stores, one of the best eBay selling services. You will have to pay 50% down payment to them in a protected account and you will benefit of 10 days inspection period. If you won't be satisfied you will have the chance to return it. I would need your full name, address and phone number so i can put you in touch with the Online Outpost. I hope i made myself clear regarding this sale and i'm expecting your answer shortly.

I have asked for the guys phone number in three emails now and also asked him to call me, he has totally ignored that!

So right now Im playing dumb and still told the guy I was excited about the bike and told him to call for my address and other info (ill give him the address for the Police Dept I work for).

The email is [email protected] and he says his name is Ralph Nurenberg. I tried to look at some stuff in the email headers but Im not the greatest computer guy. I can forward the emails if anyone wants to help bust this guy or atleast try to screw him by sending a virus or something!
Eric, real fast btw did you send a e-mail to my buddy for the Mirrors. I sent him a e-mail I just wanted to see if he responded to you. I am sure the storm is over. So let me know, incase I got to call to put a foot in his ass.

WORM, ya he responded to me and said they'd ship monday or tuesday. I got your PM so it sounds like they are on the way! Thanks!

brokenarrow184 said:
If you guys wanna follow the details of the scam, just check this link over with the Vrod guys.....
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108266

You need to be a member to see that page.

If this is not a scam we have a few members including myself that live close to Corona CA. If you need a pic or two of the bike then I'm sure myself or one of the closer members would check it out for you.

There is an online trading post location in Corona I may give them a call!

Its definitely a scam, otherwise, why wouldn't he just call me! Then he gives me a phone number thats disconnected and a different area code from where he claims to be. The address provided, supposedly, by online trading post are for a pharmacy and a cash advance store!

Ill cut and past some of the other info over!

I flagged the Craigslist ad... The sheet is getting even deeper!

Here is his info that came from the trading post...
Seller Details:
Name: Ralph Nurenberg
Address:
11015 N Pennsylvania Ave
City, State:
Oklahoma City, OK
Zip Code:
United States
Agent Details:
Name: Peter Latore
Address:
201 S Mustang Rd.
City, State:
Yukon, OK
Zip Code:
United States

I asked again for him to call me or provide a phone number.....
hi

Currently I`m working in a lab here is my phone no# (973) 968-4924
If I cannot answer, I will reach you dont worry
but also please ask me whatever you wish regarding the bike through email
Also when can you start the down payment process?

Thanks for your time

The number is disconnected! I thought I'd play the game somemore so I sent this, LOL
Sorry, i've been real busy at work! I got everything takin care of on my end. How will I need to pay the remaining $5000? Is there any way I can just pay $10,000 to the trading post? I just feel more secure doing it that way. I should be able to wire the funds tomorrow.

Could you please provide the vehicle identification number (VIN) for the bike? Also what color are the stripes on the bike? Is the bike still under factory warranty?

Thanks for all your help friend!

He responded with this...
Hi

yes the bike is still under the factory warranty until March 2009
I cannot provide you the VIN# because the bike including its papers are in their custody

Please email me tomorrow as soon as you are able to do it.The remaining amount will be paied after the bike receipt and 10 days inspection period

Thanks

Also the strips from the bike are red

These bikes dont come with red stripes, only black or orange! And do you think someone that claims to be the original owner, putting 8k miles on the bike would not know?

Last edited:
He claims to be in Oklahoma City where the area code is 405. I imagine those address are bogus, I haven't checked them on google yet!

It looks like Online Outpost (http://www.theonlineoutpost.com/inde..._off_locations) does have a Corona, CA location
Corona
1240 E. Ontario Ave. Suite 102 Corona, CA. 92881
Phone: 951-278-8827
Fax: 951-278-8828
Hours: M-F 9AM-6PM, Sat 9AM-3PM

It might be worth a phone call to them. From their website:

Security Warning!
MONEY ORDER AND WESTERN UNION INFORMATION:

Beware of an email fraud scheme that is using our name. If anyone asks you to send money via Western Union for an item please confirm that the payment is sent only to one of the stores listed here. We do not use agents and we never ask you to send money to a third party.

It looks like the address listed for Peter Latore is a CVS Pharmacy:

CVS Pharmacy

201 S Mustang Rd
Yukon, OK 73099-6686
(405) 324-8170

t looks like the address listed for Ralph Nurenberg is Advance America:

Advance America

11015 N Pennsylvania Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73120-7611
(405) 751-7172

Latest posts

Support Us