LEVELING KIT?

Tell the spring shop you need 9/16" by 18 round u-bolts, 3-5/8" wide by 10" long if you do a 2" drop. I did a 1-1/2 inch drop on mine so they are only 9-1/2" long. I only did a 1-1/2" drop because of the difference between the front and rear fender height. If you go a full 2" in the rear, it looks lower than the front even though it isn't. It's all a matter of your personal preference though. Either way, you'll be happy.

If you want 1-1/2" blocks, here is the drawing I made so the local machine shop could make them for me. (about $30)

great info, keith...thanx

It also depends on how low you want to go! I put the 2 inch in the front and 4 inch in the rear kit by McGaughys out of southern cal on mine. These guys do tons on show kits and so far I love mine. You will have to put helper airbags on it to smooth the ride but she rides like a cadillac right now. :D

VA VIPERAM said:
Tell the spring shop you need 9/16" by 18 round u-bolts, 3-5/8" wide by 10" long if you do a 2" drop. I did a 1-1/2 inch drop on mine so they are only 9-1/2" long. I only did a 1-1/2" drop because of the difference between the front and rear fender height. If you go a full 2" in the rear, it looks lower than the front even though it isn't. It's all a matter of your personal preference though. Either way, you'll be happy.

If you want 1-1/2" blocks, here is the drawing I made so the local machine shop could make them for me. (about $30)
Does doing only the rear that little have any affect on the allignment? Did you have yours checked afterwards? If so, did it need change? Thanks

MYTRAM said:
Does doing only the rear that little have any affect on the allignment? Did you have yours checked afterwards? If so, did it need change? Thanks

Won't change the alignment.

Silverback said:
I had a 1.75 inch block that lowered the truck by 2 inches. That made it sit level.
I just them on, they make the truck sit perfict! I'll get some pictures up today after I get my tire on. The blocks measured 1.75, but by measureing the top of the bumper it dropped 2.25". The look is perfict.

BigRed460 said:
I just them on, they make the truck sit perfict! I'll get some pictures up today after I get my tire on. The blocks measured 1.75, but by measureing the top of the bumper it dropped 2.25". The look is perfict.

Be sure to re-torque those u-bolts in about a 100 miles.

I just had a set of u bolts built out of hardened steel at a local machine shop to the exact specs 3.5 inside and 10.5 total length. They cost me $15 bucks a pop. You should have no problem,usually takes about a day turnaround.

mosrt10 said:
I just had a set of u bolts built out of hardened steel at a local machine shop to the exact specs 3.5 inside and 10.5 total length. They cost me $15 bucks a pop. You should have no problem,usually takes about a day turnaround.
$15 bucks each?? I thought Silverback had some made up for about $20 for all four. I like his deal better. I found these on Summits website but they'll have to be cut.
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SLF%2D11024&N=700+115&autoview=sku

They're 9/16X3 5/8X15 with all hardware.

maybe we could get keith (VA VIPERAM) to put together some kits for us!:idea: ;) if he agreed though, would he have to become a site vendor?:dontknow:

I actually found cheaper ones but I was a little worried about parts failing under extreme conditions. Thats why I ordered hardened u bolts. Cheaper ones can be had. But If you notice the x-metal ones are also heavy duty ones, thats why I payed a little extra. I'm sure silverbacks are good u-bolts I'm just a worrier like that.

Here's where I ordered mine from. I got a quick response from them and they should be sent out today. Nuts and washers included. The size is 9/16X 3.5X11. The ones from Summit were on backorder and these won't need cutting. I already have the blocks, just needed the u-bolts. http://www.youngspring.com/pages/home.htm
Thank you for using the www.youngspring.com U-Bolt inquiry form. The U-Bolts you describe: (4) PN#: D26R350 cost $34.36 plus UPS shipping. Your order can be sent out to you immediately.

SilvrSRT10 said:
Here's where I ordered mine from. I got a quick response from them and they should be sent out today. Nuts and washers included. The size is 9/16X 3.5X11. The ones from Summit were on backorder and these won't need cutting. I already have the blocks, just needed the u-bolts. http://www.youngspring.com/pages/home.htm
Thank you for using the www.youngspring.com U-Bolt inquiry form. The U-Bolts you describe: (4) PN#: D26R350 cost $34.36 plus UPS shipping. Your order can be sent out to you immediately.

Would these work for a quad cab??:dontknow:

KRAZYSRT10 said:
Would these work for a quad cab??:dontknow:
I can't answer that. The drop I did was on a RC. I don't know what's involved to lower the QC. I've heard that shackles will lower it about 1.5". If you want to go lower you'll need to put the axle over the springs.

Thanx...just finished reading the other thread. Guess I'll wait it out and see!:D

you could try talk to boomer to get only 2" drop in rear and that would lever equal

SANCHOBA said:
any one know who offers a leveling kit for the RC? i'd like to lower just the rear a tad to level out the stance. THIA
Nuff said

looks good! is that a 2" block? some of guys are saying the truck will drop a little more than the actual block thickness:dontknow: (did you measure top of wheel opening before install?)

this is actually what i found.

With a 2 inch block it does level the truck , but to me it looked almost a tad low in the rear with our large hoods and front end, but the truck was level.

so I had 1/4 inch cut off the blocks and it gave it a tad of rake, but made the entire truck look better.

I may have a set of blocks and U bolts somehwere if anyone is interested.

I will have to look later, maybe another STinkBay:D

SANCHOBA said:
looks good! is that a 2" block? some of guys are saying the truck will drop a little more than the actual block thickness:dontknow: (did you measure top of wheel opening before install?)
Yes i did measure, And i believe it was 1.75 at the top of the wheel opening. We did mine, And VOODOO's (Keven) They both came out level.

J.R.

Stinker said:
this is actually what i found.

With a 2 inch block it does level the truck , but to me it looked almost a tad low in the rear with our large hoods and front end, but the truck was level.

Yes, I am sure they does. I am thinking about get 2" drop in rear only from boomer. I want to level my truck equal. It going to be look awesome!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back