Lightweight wheels

toddrs93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my truck with 24" wheels on it. Definitely not my choice but the truck was what I was looking for other wise.
I am surprised of the cost of the stock wheels and I think I'd rather go aftermarket. The 24" I have are absolutely ridiculously heavy, every bit of 100lbs and maybe more.
I'd like to go down to a 20" if possible and find some as lightweight as possible.
Interested in hearing ideas or examples of what everybody has.

I bought my truck with 24" wheels on it. Definitely not my choice but the truck was what I was looking for other wise.
I am surprised of the cost of the stock wheels and I think I'd rather go aftermarket. The 24" I have are absolutely ridiculously heavy, every bit of 100lbs and maybe more.
I'd like to go down to a 20" if possible and find some as lightweight as possible.

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f82/staggered-15-wide-rear-wheel-tire-combo-62575/

Would it be a night runner by chance?

Very nice but nowhere near reasonable cost for blue collar folk lol
I need way cheaper

Being stock wheels are $2500 on average for a newish set without tires, mine are a steal lol. Good luck on your hunt though boss

Being stock wheels are $2500 on average for a newish set without tires, mine are a steal lol. Good luck on your hunt though boss

I agree they are top notch and a great product, but I am just saying that the price is definitely a lot.

In this day and age not too many can do $3500 for a set of wheels.

More interested to know if anyone has been able to pick up some 20-22" aftermarket wheels online that are lighter and cheaper than stock.

There are lots of 20" wheels on tire rack that come up for the truck, and I have even called in to ask about fitment, and they assure me if they come up for that truck that they will fit.

I am just skeptical of the fitment though and wondering if anyone has gotten any 20" tire rack wheels.

I have a whole sale account and there are wheels coming up as cheap as $165 a wheel for the truck.

Some of the wheels are around 30 lbs, that's got to make a big difference with that much less weight being turned.

Last edited:
I agree they are top notch and a great product, but I am just saying that the price is definitely a lot.

In this day and age not too many can do $3500 for a set of wheels.

More interested to know if anyone has been able to pick up some 20-22" aftermarket wheels online that are lighter and cheaper than stock.

top notch and a great product that you can have done on your own

What is your reason to want a lightweight wheel?

Less rotational mass is more power to the ground,

Plus what a huge pain the ass to change or patch these 24" wheels even in the shop with the latest and greatest equipment. There is NO way I would even attempt a tire change should I get a flat along side the road.

AND the bigger the wheel the more difficult to balance and the worse the ride is.

not sure what that means

You can have the rears widened on your own. Dont waste your time paying for dr hackjob (venomous1racing) to charge you so he can send it out and have them done. He is great for offering over inflated prices on products and services you can easily obtain or complete on your own.

You can have the rears widened on your own. Dont waste your time paying for dr hackjob (venomous1racing) to charge you so he can send it out and have them done. He is great for offering over inflated prices on products and services you can easily obtain or complete on your own.

Yup wheels america does it. I was gonna do my 18x8 wheels on my camaro widened to 11" and they only wanted 250 each i think to do it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back