Like Speed? Check this out!

THEWELSHM

Supporting Member
Reaction score
On an August morning in 1978, French filmmaker Claude Lelouch mounted a gyro-stabilized camera to the bumper of a Ferrari 275 GTB and had a friend, a professional Formula 1 racer, drive at breakneck speed through the heart of Paris early in the morning . The film was limited for technical reasons to 10 minutes; the course was from Porte Dauphine , through the Louvre, to the Basilica of Sacre Coeur.

No streets were closed, for Lelouch was unable to obtain a permit.

The driver completed the course in about 9 minutes, reaching nearly 140 MPH in some stretches. The footage reveals him running real red lights, nearly hitting real pedestrians, and driving the wrong way up real one-way streets.

Upon showing the film in public for the first time, Lelouch was arrested. He has never revealed the identity of the driver, and the film went underground. If you haven't seen this before it is a classic, if you have seen it I apologize, but it's still a classic. Turn on your sound and enjoy :D ;) Click the link below

thewelshm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqHrCLt3Geo

Seen it before. No way could you try that today. :rock:

THAT......was cool! (i know there is a bunch that will disagree)

Arrested?? What he do wrong?? I always drive like that.:D

Looked like something out of a video game.

It's exciting and thrilling and high octane fun.....

And as stupid a fukn prank as one can play.....

I hope he sat in jail for a long time.......

Someone could easily have been killed.........

D

I call BS he isnt going nearly the speeds at least up to 3 min in. He shifts at least 4 gears around the 3 minute mark and traffic isnt jiving with the speed he should be going if he was pushing the tach in 4th. Sorry I dont buy it at all

Demon 8 said:
I call BS he isnt going nearly the speeds at least up to 3 min in. He shifts at least 4 gears around the 3 minute mark and traffic isnt jiving with the speed he should be going if he was pushing the tach in 4th. Sorry I dont buy it at all

Agreed...

That was contrived...

Neat...but bogus.

Lee

SilvrSRT10 said:
Arrested?? What he do wrong?? I always drive like that.:D

Looked like something out of a video game.

it lookd lik i was playing midnight 2

I didn't buy it either . . . :dontknow:

In most places it sounds like he has 4th or 5th wound tight, but only going 35 MPH. . . .

Demon 8 said:

i agree i think its fake. every turn he made he skid n the car didnt seem lik it did

Demon 8 said:

I agree and have actually driven that part of France, if you notice the white car in the first part must have been hitting 100 plus ( now I know this is done in France:D ) but the sqealing didnt match the action:dontknow:

thewelshm

I enjoyed it,Real or not!!
Running the red lights and all!!
I guess I'm just irresponsible:D

1qksrt said:
I enjoyed it,Real or not!!
Running the red lights and all!!
I guess I'm just irresponsible:D

I have been in your truck, your not stupid....you just know you wont be caught. I still get the shakes thinking about that ride :D

Demon 8 said:
I have been in your truck, your not stupid....you just know you wont be caught. I still get the shakes thinking about that ride :D

OOOOKKKKKKKKKKKK:D

thewelshm

The more I watch it the more I think its real. The wide angled camera makes it seem like hes slowly catching up to other cars but when he passes them they fly right by.

During the film he passes ALOT of cars so thats telling you that he is going at a good speed.

Also, the people you see walking seem to be walking at a normal pace, not sped up or anything. Check out the birds that he almost runs over, everything is normal there.

How much HP does a Ferrari 275 GTB have? It may be fast but im sure its no rocket like some of todays car. Might be why you hear the engine screaming in the video but not entirely going insanely fast.

My 2 cents.

I think Sleeper will really be pissed when he sees the video.

The pigeons of Paris will never be the same!

That's crazy.... for those of you that don't know or haven't seen a 275GTB:

ferrari%201275%20gtb.jpg

They were about 300hp. Still one of the very most sought-after Ferraris ever made... I've seen them sell for over $3Millon.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back