Line Lock instructions

Fahrenheit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Im a big dummy, I need instructions to install this.........didnt get any with my box I got today.

I got it from JMB, the econo kit, its suppose to be the same as Hurst with out the sticker.....I want to lock up the front brakes when I do burnouts so I dont ruin the rears.

Do you have the tools? tubbing bender, flarring block and tool, tubbing cutter?
its pretty straight foward havent done the 10 yet but visually look over the lines and determine witch go to the from callipers after the booster and determine where the best place to mount/plumb without interfernece from moving parts such as suspension movement and rack a pinion ect. others will chime in that have done it before. few tips... put your nut on BEFORE flarring, dont reame the tubbing, dont overtiten the flare nut, normally I spit on the flarring tool before doing so just wipe clean afterwords, ummm measure twice cut once.... anyone else...

Thanks for the info, the only thing is where the wire are best hooked up to (electrial componets are my weakest link)

Fahrenheit said:
Thanks for the info, the only thing is where the wire are best hooked up to (electrial componets are my weakest link)
Attach the ground wire to one of the line lock mounting scews with an eyelet connector. Power wire to a switched source through the momentary switch. And dont forget to bleed the front brakes. It's a pretty easy install.

Since he is an auto could he benefit more from installing the line lock on the rear lines to block pressure to the rear brakes while the brake is applied . Giving him the ability to control forward roll as he is doing his burn out?

Fahrenheit said:
Now Im really confused after reading Kevans write-up.............
its simple really, get stinkers lines, bleed the brakes and wire it up, kevan goes overkill on his DIY's but they are thorough...lol

OSO said:
Since he is an auto could he benefit more from installing the line lock on the rear lines to block pressure to the rear brakes while the brake is applied . Giving him the ability to control forward roll as he is doing his burn out?

That is a really bad idea.........:(:(:(:(

eddie102870 said:
its simple really, get stinkers lines, bleed the brakes and wire it up, kevan goes overkill on his DIY's but they are thorough...lol

Dummy it is my install not KeVAns.

Mine are simple and straight forward.

Moparracing sent me Kevan DIY......he installed all kinds of switches.....I just want to hook-up what was given to me.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back