line lock kit

moparviper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is anyone on here using a line lock kit? And where did u get it from?

I know jmb sells them and they have a "generic" and a hurst line lock. Whats the difference between the two?

The local auto parts stores here have em. $85-$115 depending on brand.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

biggest thing its way easier on the rearend

Really it helps do a burnout if you can't work 3 pedals or keeps you from rolling at lights but otherwise most of us hardcore guys have never used em. 107,000 miles on same rear and low 1.6 60 ft and many, many launches on slicks:burnout:
Think its a wivestale ;)

Meh, if it breaks when you do your burnout then it was more likely going to break when you launched on your drag slicks. And if you break it with the shitty street tire options we have then it was probably defective

my bad, should have said, way easier on the rearend than power brakin

Is anyone on here using a line lock kit? And where did u get it from?

I know jmb sells them and they have a "generic" and a hurst line lock. Whats the difference between the two?

they are pretty helpful in staging for sure,

get a generic unit or hurst , most work great, we use a wildwood unit , they aren't very cheap.

but if ya need I have a couple generics laying around we found moving cut ya a deal on, probably a mount or two, then drop by radio shack pick you up a switch of your choice, and a light, (the light is so that you know the line lock is on there boss;)) but on the switch make sure its momentary, you don't want a closed switch, then you can get some brake line to run or we can have some more braided ones made up.
ran into a lot of fellas that cant grasp the concept of burnouts or clutch , brake gas all at the same time with only two feet LOL , its totally understandable, the line lock helps greatly. Fix yourself one up and enjoy

I need one cause I cant do a legit burnout. The slicks just keep pushing me though

Have you tried it at the track or just on dry pavement? It helps to light them up after rolling thru the water box. Dry slicks on dry pavement is a lot harder to get them spinning.

Have you tried it at the track or just on dry pavement? It helps to light them up after rolling thru the water box. Dry slicks on dry pavement is a lot harder to get them spinning.

Only on the street. I havnt been to the track yet but im going Saturday as long as no bad weather rolls in.

Usually well bring a couple bottles of water but it doesnt help

Really it helps do a burnout if you can't work 3 pedals or keeps you from rolling at lights but otherwise most of us hardcore guys have never used em. 107,000 miles on same rear and low 1.6 60 ft and many, many launches on slicks:burnout:
Think its a wivestale ;)

Maybe not every street racer has a line lock kit but just about every car that gets trailed to the track has a line lock kit

Should have a couple angles. But Ill be suprised if he shows up. He bailed about three weeks ago and been talking shit ever since

Seems like the more trash they talk, the slower they truly are.....IF they ever race.

Seems like the more trash they talk, the slower they truly are.....IF they ever race.

No iv seen his truck race before and its fast. The first time I tried talking to him amd asked him to race he said it wasnt worth his time. My next question was how much do u wanna race for

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back