Little bit of help with aftermarket radio

nathanfreke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Ive fitted an aftermarket radio and am getting no sound. I have the infinity system and wanted to retain the std amp.

I got an adaptor harness for it and wired it in all by the book but no sound. I noticed that there are 2 plugs going into the old radio but the adaptor harness only uses the bigger of the 2 plugs.

Anyway, after a bit of research I found the pin outs for the 2 plugs - pictured below..... my question is how do I get the std amp working and sound out of it?

Thanks,
Nathan

Well......The smart ass and probably most common answer will be tie a rope to it and drag it behind the truck, lol. But they do have a tendacy to go bad, so was it working before? If you can afford an aftermarket, even a realatively cheap one will be better. Sorry no useful help here, but it does sound like a wiring gremlin that would be difficult to diagnose via the web or a bad amp altogether. have fun.

What harness did you get? There are two out there for the truck, one lets you keep the stock amp and the other doesn't. The one that does should have an external box that all of the wires come out of while the other on that is A LOT cheeper is just a simple wiring harness that is just a plug and some wires.

What harness did you get? There are two out there for the truck, one lets you keep the stock amp and the other doesn't. The one that does should have an external box that all of the wires come out of while the other on that is A LOT cheeper is just a simple wiring harness that is just a plug and some wires.

Correct, they make a harness specific to the Infinity sound system. I have a new one along with a double din dash bezel for sale.

Correct its a whole other harness and they are pretty pricey like 160 i believe had to buy one for mine.

Could anyone give me a link to this said harness?

Or is it this one? Axxess CHTO-2

Yes, thats the one !

Axxess CHTO-2 is the way to go.
For using the switches on your steering wheel you need an additional adapter.

Arne

Recently installed a single din in '05 RC with CHTO-02 and ASWC with no issues. Has single plug for radio. ASWC had to be programmed per the manual, but the other harness is plug and play. Mine was the speaker level version, not RCA plugs, if that matters. Just match the colors. Two reds on radio end of adaptor can be connected either/or/both, they go to a common bus on the circuit board.

Might want to make sure your mute wire is not connected if there is no mute feature on the head unit.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/pdf/metra/met-chto02.pdf

Mine looked different, though, as this shows RCA connections.

Last edited:
Ok thanks everyone. Looks like I need to order this then.

It's getting expensive ! Ordered a metra bypass loom which was wrong and another adaptor Loom which is also wrong! It sucks having an American car in the uk sometimes!

Before I order, which is the best unit to get, the axcess one or the metra one?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back