Loading the SCT question?

FlyingLow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a new program but it will only let me load it into file 1. Does that mean it is the only open one or does it default to 1? How can I check to see how many and what spot my tunes are loaded?

Marty?

or I would pm Labontecsi, he has done alot with his programming, maybe he will chime in, I honestly dont have any idea bro:dontknow:

FlyingLow said:
I got a new program but it will only let me load it into file 1. Does that mean it is the only open one or does it default to 1? How can I check to see how many and what spot my tunes are loaded?

FlyingLow-
If it is empty and you loaded 1 tune, that tune will be the only one that will show up. If you load more, they will be displayed on the same screen and you arrow up or down to choose the one you want. A total of 3 can be loaded into the programmer.

Does that answer your ??

Ronnie

rottenronnie said:
FlyingLow-
If it is empty and you loaded 1 tune, that tune will be the only one that will show up. If you load more, they will be displayed on the same screen and you arrow up or down to choose the one you want. A total of 3 can be loaded into the programmer.

Does that answer your ??

Ronnie

I think we need to make Ronnie our information center:rock: :congrats: :congrats:

Stinker said:
I think we need to make Ronnie our information center:rock: :congrats: :congrats:
Brillent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :p

rottenronnie said:
FlyingLow-

Does that answer your ??

Ronnie

I'm talking about loading the program from the computer to the SCT. It will only let me load into file 1.

FlyingLow said:
I'm talking about loading the program from the computer to the SCT. It will only let me load into file 1.

Hang on a sec, I'll fire mine up...
Do you have 3 file positions to choose from on your screen?
I just tried it... I clicked on file 2, Added a description, Browsed for the .ll3 file (wherever you keep the files from your Tuner), opened it and clicked on Add File... That was all it took...
After that...hmmmmmmmmmmmm...??

P.S. Make sure you ADD a Description to your Tune...

Last edited:
My current tune might be my stock tune from the engine rebuild. If that is the case then there are no tunes in 1-3. So maybe it will only let you start loading files into file 1 then 2 and 3. Once they are all full then you can rewrite over anyone of them. But I'm just guessing here.

FlyingLow said:
My current tune might be my stock tune from the engine rebuild. If that is the case then there are no tunes in 1-3. So maybe it will only let you start loading files into file 1 then 2 and 3. Once they are all full then you can rewrite over anyone of them. But I'm just guessing here.

The stock tune is tune "4" that you can't get at. That is the BASE tune, i.o.w. whatever was in your e.c.u..
It prevents you from using the programmer on more than 1 vehicle at a time.
If you don't add a description beside File 1, 2 or 3, it won't let you add tunes to the list...

Last edited:
Stinker said:

Forums are great for info. exchange... (Hopefully, the right info! :D)

Last edited:
if i remember right, there are two programs you need to download from sct website to get it to load right...... the first one is the firmware program so that your sct tuner is properly recognized by your computer & the second one is the update program you use to load the tune file marty sent you into your sct...... i had a similar error until i loaded the firmware update onto my computer.

good luck. :)

I started with the firmware update but the file for the update is not downloading. I going to try again later today.

Got it fixed and discovered some things for some of you new SCT users. There are 3 things you need to download from this page. http://www.sctflash.com/tsupdates.php

1. Get the updated firmware file. Just the file not the firmware program. At the bottom of the page linked above click on DCX XCALIBRATOR 2 - P/N: 9550 in box 1. Click on DEVICE FIRMWARE in box 2 and then search. This will be the updated file version 1.28 Just save that file to your computer.

2. Download the firmware program. Follow the instructions above for #1. But select DEVICE UPDATE SOFTWARE in box 2. Download the DCX LIVE UPDATE 2 version 2.2.0 and then run the program. The program will tell you to connect the SCT and select the update file. This is the file you downloaded in step 1. You may already have the current version on your SCT mine did.

3. Download the LIVELOAD PROGRAM. The same page you were on for step #2 that had the DCX LIVE UPDATE 2 will have the DCX LIVELOAD PROGRAM version 1.10 on it also. Download that program and then run it. That is the page that will allow you to load the programs you receive from your tuner.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back