Long Bar update!

ARRESTmeRed04

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright I got with Stifflers performance that make the long traction bars for the Lightning guys. The price would be 495 and we'd need about 20-25 guys for them to do it. So I'm just wanting to find out how many would be interested in them.

Have these been tested on the 10's ?

Are they for the QC's and RC's ?

They have not been tested, would be for RC and QC. I'm really just trying to find out if 20-25 people would want them, if not I'll just end up building my own

I maybe interested , I'm just not going to go into them blind .. I would need to know if they are going to be an improvement over Cal-tracs . Considering the price is more than cal-tracs being un-tested makes me shy away from them at the moment ...

I maybe interested , I'm just not going to go into them blind .. I would need to know if they are going to be an improvement over Cal-tracs . Considering the price is more than cal-tracs being un-tested makes me shy away from them at the moment ...

X2

Sent from the Harris County Jail

I posted it on a dodge forum to see if we can get more people

Sent from the Harris County Jail

Google long bars vs cal-tracs. Tons of info about them, the thing with cal-tracs is that they were designed to work within a set of NHRA rules for a certain class. Long bars have more leverage therefore transferring more weight to the rear wheels

Alright I got with Stifflers performance that make the long traction bars for the Lightning guys. The price would be 495 and we'd need about 20-25 guys for them to do it. So I'm just wanting to find out how many would be interested in them.

Glad to see someone run with this.

How do the Stifflers attach to the axle and frame?

Frame mount:

DSC04563.JPG

Axle mount:

DSC04549.JPG

unsortedpics1308.jpg

These things are gonna bind! There are different pivot points which will cause the pinion angle to change with every suspension movement. The geometry isn't right! Am i missing something?....

Glad to see someone run with this.

Frame mount:

DSC04563.JPG

Axle mount:

DSC04549.JPG

unsortedpics1308.jpg

Thanks for the help, I didn't realize they were adjustable:rock:

Slitherbeast, what are you thinking is going to bind up? The princapal is already proven on Lightnings. Ni would think it'd help us even more seeing as how we have a longer wheelbase and more weight up front.

These things are gonna bind! There are different pivot points which will cause the pinion angle to change with every suspension movement. The geometry isn't right! Am i missing something?....

There are pivot points front and rear on the bars were they bolt to the mounts and they wont bind. If they did they wouldnt be on 10, 9, 8 and 7 second L's. They work and work much better than caltracs on L's and I think it would be a safe assumption to say they would work better than caltracs on 10's.

Just out of curiosity whats the best 60' a caltrac equipped 10 has achieved?

There are pivot points front and rear on the bars were they bolt to the mounts and they wont bind. If they did they wouldnt be on 10, 9, 8 and 7 second L's. They work and work much better than caltracs on L's and I think it would be a safe assumption to say they would work better than caltracs on 10's.

Just out of curiosity whats the best 60' a caltrac equipped 10 has achieved?

According to the time slip section .... FatJack with a 1.53

is it a set up that can be used on a DD????:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

According to the time slip section .... FatJack with a 1.53

I feel confident that his 60' could be bettered with a set of quality longbars. I went from low 1.6's with caltracs to 1.4's with longbars. Granted it wasnt overnight and it took some figuring out but I was maxed out on the caltrac were the longbars gave me room to grow. Results may vary with 10's but this has been my personal experience.

is it a set up that can be used on a DD????:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

Absolutely.

The whole idea with Caltracs and/or longbars, is to stabilize the diff from spring windup! the caltracs work great on the 10 . the wheels don't hop from spring windup once Caltracs are installed and properly adjusted . just from tire windup. our trucks are really heavy! so things will take stress until it gets moving!! If the longbars work great on lightnings then maybe their springs are softer so less noticeable conflicts . the caltrac has the bar the same length as the spring from center of axle to center of eyelet. there is very little conflict when the axle travels it's limits. The longbars will have to flex to maintain correct length during suspension travel. The"ladderbar " was all the rage back in the day until the 4-link was invented. The caltrac mimicks the 4-link . ....my 2 cents

Last edited:
The whole idea with Caltracs and/or longbars, is to stabilize the diff from spring windup! the caltracs work great on the 10 . the wheels don't hop from spring windup once Caltracs are installed and properly adjusted . just from tire windup. our trucks are really heavy! so things will take stress until it gets moving!! If the longbars work great on lightnings then maybe their springs are softer so less noticeable conflicts . the caltrac has the bar the same length as the spring from center of axle to center of eyelet. there is very little conflict when the axle travels it's limits. The longbars will have to flex to maintain correct length during suspension travel. The"ladderbar " was all the rage back in the day until the 4-link was invented. The caltrac mimicks the 4-link . ....my 2 cents

Cal-tracs limit wheel hop, long bars limit wheel hop and help transfer weight. The only reason people think cal-tracs are so great is because that's all we can buy as of right now. Don't get me wrong they work alright but not as well as a longer bar with more leverage can

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back