Long Bar update!

r there 2 ways on mounting the bars because the picture shows it clamped around the housing on the truck an the diagram shows it mounting on the spring pad

The whole idea with Caltracs and/or longbars, is to stabilize the diff from spring windup! the caltracs work great on the 10 . the wheels don't hop from spring windup once Caltracs are installed and properly adjusted . just from tire windup. our trucks are really heavy! so things will take stress until it gets moving!! If the longbars work great on lightnings then maybe their springs are softer so less noticeable conflicts . the caltrac has the bar the same length as the spring from center of axle to center of eyelet. there is very little conflict when the axle travels it's limits. The longbars will have to flex to maintain correct length during suspension travel. The"ladderbar " was all the rage back in the day until the 4-link was invented. The caltrac mimicks the 4-link . ....my 2 cents

Caltrac work by attaching to the front eyelet via a rotating hinge. At the top of that hinge is a stop bolt that stops the caltracs from pushing forward. This movement allows some limited axle wrap. Long bars dont allow for that axle wrap due to the method in which they attach to the frame and axle. Furthermore they allow more leverage to be used due to their length and promote better traction and weight transfer. This is not the solution for the average joe but rather a good solution for the racer who would like to improve their ET's by lowering their 60'.

Most Lightning have fairly stiff stock springs which is indicated by the payload capacity. Also most of the faster guy switch to even stiffer lowering springs such as hotchkis leafs.

If you are not already feel free to familiarize yourself with the term instant center it is widely used in the sport of drag racing by many racers and chassis shops. Maybe it will help you.

Suspension (vehicle) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

would they be a help for road racin/ twisty bits????:dontknow::dontknow:

If caltracs help you in the twisties then these will too but I can't personally speak from experience.

the cal-tracs do help. more for exitin the corners/curves. helps plant the tires. not so much, if any, lateral traction

I have the cal t on my truck joe Just wounded if you didn't follow paper that came with them or does it matter if clamp slips under power an buy the 72 Chevy trucks has the same style armes an sprit cup still runs them

Need to think about lining up a vendor so we can buy them thru VTCOA. Maybe someone needs to speak to Justin if there is anywhere near enough interest.

An buy the way the long bars r lot. Better e very knows it is easer to lift with a long bar than a little short

Ok so far we gave

1. Arrestmered04
2. Lethal Hemi
3. Yellowfever#154

Jack, if a vendor here can make them that'd be great just posted up these guys because they make them for the L's

Ok so far we gave

1. Arrestmered04
2. Lethal Hemi
3. Yellowfever#154

Jack, if a vendor here can make them that'd be great just posted up these guys because they make them for the L's

We don't need a different manufacturer, just a retailer that is a VTCOA vendor for their products.

We don't need a different manufacturer, just a retailer that is a VTCOA vendor for their products.

Well if there is enough interest maybe one of our vendors will call the place and take care of everything. But as of right now it wouldn't be worth their time because only 3 of us have said we would like them. Everyone seems to want to bitch about it either not being from our vendor, the price, or whether they would work or not.

Has a kit been made for our trucks yet or will it still have to be put together? Im interested.

Still has to be put together, they won't start unless there is enough people interested becayse itd be a waste of their time to only make 5-6 sets

Still has to be put together, they won't start unless there is enough people interested becayse itd be a waste of their time to only make 5-6 sets

A waste of time tells me they don't give a damn about making them (Poor business ethic) ... That's a poor excuse .. Especially for something that is not tested .. There are other companies out there that will want to do it the right way ,,, with the customer in mind.. JMB / JTVSP How about giving it a shot ??

Who going to be the guinea pig for measurements.

Sent from the Harris County Jail

A waste of time tells me they don't give a damn about making them (Poor business ethic) ... That's a poor excuse .. Especially for something that is not tested .. There are other companies out there that will want to do it the right way ,,, with the customer in mind.. JMB / JTVSP How about giving it a shot ??

It take time and money to develop the system. These parts are not developed and sitting on a shelf waiting on potential buyers as of now. It would be hard for one person to be able to afford these long bars if they were one of a kind and they had to pay for all of the R&D but its much easier for the average customer to swallow the R&D cost if its divided over 20 customers. The business also has to make money in the long run. If money cant be made then parts don't get built and sold. No successful company in history has built and sold items at a loss.

1. Arrestmered04
2. Lethal Hemi
3. Yellowfever#154
4. Ramsrt711
5. Mysrt10

I'm in!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back