Long Bar update!

Why would it. 4 Link hold the axle perfect all the time. The springs are exactly the same, you are just alowing them to move forward as well as back.

I run my off-roader and the road all the time. After doing this mod the road manners got way better, no more wishy washy flat tire feel. Got to rember 10+ inches of lift and 40" tires.

It was just food for though for thoose worried about binding.

You are using the leaf springs on a 4 link to avoid swapping to coils?

That would be an old school slapper bar

This is a pinion snubber

mopp_1103_21_+install_mopar_centersection_differential+_install_adjustable_pinion_snubber.jpg

That is a good idea in theory but it is nowhere near the instant center of a truck. It may stop wheel hop but it does nothing to promote increased traction.

would they be doin a chassis stiffenin set for our trucks also or just the long bar set up ???????

lift_bars_v_traction_bars.jpg

In addition to stopping driveline destroying axle wrap and wheelhop, the purpose of a traction bar is to use the rotational forces of the rear axle to help transfer lift to the front end to aid in weight transfer back to the rear wheels. It does this by applying that rotational force to a point in 'front' of the rear axle - the further forward that point of transfer is (long bars anyone?), the better the 'lift'.

If it's only job was to stop axle rotation and cure wheel hop - it could easily do it by clamping BEHIND the axle

So how much and is there any good pics of this set up? Back in the day SSM was making long bars for muscle cars then cal-tracs with mono leafs came out and the long bar faded out but for our heavy ass trucks i would be interested.

So how much and is there any good pics of this set up? Back in the day SSM was making long bars for muscle cars then cal-tracs with mono leafs came out and the long bar faded out but for our heavy ass trucks i would be interested.

Price would be 495, no pics yet just trying to find out if enough people are interested in them to make them

lift_bars_v_traction_bars.jpg

In addition to stopping driveline destroying axle wrap and wheelhop, the purpose of a traction bar is to use the rotational forces of the rear axle to help transfer lift to the front end to aid in weight transfer back to the rear wheels. It does this by applying that rotational force to a point in 'front' of the rear axle - the further forward that point of transfer is (long bars anyone?), the better the 'lift'.

If it's only job was to stop axle rotation and cure wheel hop - it could easily do it by clamping BEHIND the axle

Great post! That picture is very helpful.

1. Arrestmered04
2. Lethal Hemi
3. Yellowfever#154
4. Ramsrt711
5. Mysrt10
6. Trainman
7. Rbabody
8. Jigsaw89
9. Srt2slow

Carl I didn't ask about the frame stiffening, I'm sure they'd make it if enough people wanted them

1. Arrestmered04
2. Lethal Hemi
3. Yellowfever#154
4. Ramsrt711
5. Mysrt10
6. Trainman
7. Rbabody
8. Jigsaw89
9. Srt2slow
10. Yellow Venom (QC)

I was also wounder if they are different for QC's?

Carl I didn't ask about the frame stiffening, I'm sure they'd make it if enough people wanted them

I was also wounder if they are different for QC's?

I may be ablle to get another quad cab member if they are the same for QC

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back