Long coming pain in the bum

CF916BOSS

Reaction score
I've been stockpiling parts to install/replace on my 10 but never had a need until now. Slave cylinder finally took a dump and I actually have time this weekend. Pulled the transmission/clutch off, since I had a new one ready to go in, and low and behold the flywheel was a goner. The old clutch disk was worn down past the rivets and said rivets were digging into the flywheel and clutch surfaces. Left a nice ground out ring on both. 63k on the truck so I guess it's about time. Installing a Roe upgraded slave and master cylinder. Bad part was I didn't buy the flywheel and online is the only option for purchase around here. So I guess I'll be doing my plus & wires, headers, intake, side view mirrors, and oil lines in n the next few days while I wait for the flywheel.
Just letting off some steam with this rant...
Anything else I should look at while the intake and transmission are off?????

Deleted in error, please accept my apology

If you haven't removed the intake before, the last driver's side bolt is a bitch! I would almost say do your coils while you have the intake off.....

CF916BOSS

As stated by one of the other members, you may want to replace the coils and plug wires since doing that job again would require you to pull the manifold off again. Also go ahead and replace your rear main seal while you're at it along with your trans seal.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back