Long Tube Header removal.

SIDE OILER

Reaction score
For strictly cosmetic reasons I'm removing the equal length long tube headers on my truck and having them coated.

My question is that on the drivers side the mid primary's wrap around the steering shaft... how do I deal with this? Do I pull the column from the inside of the car? OR do I drop the rack after I detach the knuckle in the engine compartment? There's no way they are coming out with out removing the steering.

They were already installed when I got the truck. I just want this to go smoothly and I don't want do disassemble stuff I do not need too.

The Mopar instructions can be found with the Search function.

If I am not mistaken though, you do have to unbolt the shaft from the rack and just move it aside..

DO NOT turn steering wheel while doing this or risk breaking airbag clock spring. Remove key from column so it locks In Straight centered position. Good luck sir! They are the most difficult set to install/remove! :eek:

Remove the bolt in the knuckle . there is enough slack to push the shaft up into the steering column to accept this. Mark the spline and knuckle prior so you get it back together EXACTLY. or you will have a crooked steering wheel:)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back