Longtube Headers

The biggest problem I see out of the gate is they look to be 2.5" at the collector. I know other guys absolutely love the Mopar headers but I never had a desire for them for the same reason. I guess it all depends on how much HP you plan on making, but if you anticipate a big HP build in your future bottlenecking down to 2.5" at the collector isn't really that desirable.

This is the reason I ended up not buying the mopar's after all. I'm saving my money for a full 3" billy boat set.

This is the reason I ended up not buying the mopar's after all. I'm saving my money for a full 3" billy boat set.

I really loved my B&B's. But if I were to do it again I would get them coated before the initial install, trust me on this and spend the extra money!

Thanks for the tip. What's the reason?

#1 Engine bay heat, #2 As much as the quality of consrtuction and craftsmanship are there, I wasn't overly impressed with how they looked after putting some heavy heat cycles to them.

#1 Engine bay heat, #2 As much as the quality of consrtuction and craftsmanship are there, I wasn't overly impressed with how they looked after putting some heavy heat cycles to them.

I wish I had mine coated too. I tried some spray on header paint and it mostly flaked off. I love the sound and look of them though.

I don't mind the super heated look. I have some Gibson shorties in my truck at the moment, and though they lost that luster, I dig the way they look. :p

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back