Look What's Coming Next!

John Stuttle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I think I've had too much time off during the holidays. The bumpsteer kit and the sway bar ends and now this:

attachment.php

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8450&stc=1&d=1168027728

Welded up some 3" exhaust with electric cutouts. Can't wait to get these babies in!

john

Attachments

• 102_0876.JPG
    102_0876.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 287
  • 102_0914.JPG
    102_0914.JPG
    954.3 KB · Views: 221
when you get it in post a vid of what it sounds like i bet its gonna be badass

The cut-outs close and "cut-out" the remaining exhaust. Effectively making it like open headers!!

That's gonna be loud, and sweet!!:rock::rock:

i cant wait to see what it looks like with those in. is the open part just going to point down at the ground?

rodney

im in south bend. let me know when you get those on and i will be down for sure.

provided those wires attach to a remote unit (I guess a button in the cabin would be ok too) then I smell group buy:D you'll sell lots of those John :D ....

p.s. I posted this vid a while back...basically a remote butterfly valve basically the same thing....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmAzo1F8Ck0&NR

Get a group buy price on these and count me in :D

is the new Bumpsteer and sway bar ends available John? I would like a kit.

Sorry to be a party pooper, but things like this disrupt the exhaust flow when they are closed, which is 98% of the time you are driving. That means you are loosing a little amount of power doing this.

Just something to think about.

Silverback said:
Sorry to be a party pooper, but things like this disrupt the exhaust flow when they are closed, which is 98% of the time you are driving. That means you are loosing a little amount of power doing this.

Just something to think about.
Depends on HOW you install them into your exhaust system......:burnout:

HaulinAsp said:
Depends on HOW you install them into your exhaust system......:burnout:

Not true. Anything that causes turbulance will disrupt the exhaust flow, and it will not matter how you install these, it will cause turbulance.

In all honesty you will probably loose less that 5 HP, but it's still a loss.

Do you realize how much all of us have been spending on getting ponies....at these prices, I will not give-up any ponies.
They look nice John, nice workmanship.

Quick

Last edited:
That's a good point silverback... but I for one couldn't care less if it robs like 20HP that will just give us an excuse to add HP somewhere else...

If that mod would make my truck sound like a stock car on CRACK.. I'm in... then when the cop rolls by you just click the button :rock:

just too bad, sounds like John isn't going to be selling these...

P.S. I'd prolly draw the line at 21HP... :p I mean... let's not get carried away now :)

Last edited:
I have also heard that these systems are notorious for leaking when operating in the normal exhaust mode!! Anyone else heard of this!!

It would drive me crazy if i heard an exhaust leak under the truck!! But on the flip side, I would luv to open those babies sittin next to a Cobra!!!:rock: :p

There was a sound clip posted some time back of someone with just headers, anyone remember this?? Sounded badass!!

When I installed the Magnaflow I just had to start it up with just the mid pipes in place. I was surprised how quite it was. Those cats really quite it down.:(

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back