Lookin' for some Service/ Upgrade Advice

kickinassrt-10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck has 71K on it and just took it in the shop for warranty work. Needs new tranny again, rear diff gears are clanking, and I need new wires and plugs.

Are there any upgraded wires or plugs that help these trucks at all or is it all the same sh*t? What is a typical cost for this service in parts alone?

Also my valve cover develops a small oil looking leak on the passenger side right on the E of VIPER. The guy at shop said that aluminum can break down over the years and get slightly pourous which could explain the oil getting through. At first I thought it was oil getting on it from the breather line on front of valve cover and wiped it away, it has come back 3 times now. Anyone else seen or heard of this problem?

So my truck is in need of some tune up but she will be back stronger and shifting better than ever!

Sorry for the double post...damn slow computer at work...mods you can delete one of them if possible.

This is your second tranny? Are they warranting it, or are you comming out of pocket on it.

Either way, get a proper shifter (VENOM JTSVP), put some ATF in it, and upgrade your slave so it fully disengages your clutch and you dont wear out your syncros and grind your gears.

Jeff, he has an auto

HOLY Shit.... they make those!? Why would someone buy an AUTO... those transmissions suck!:D

Lol, if i took a minute to read more of his threads, or even cut my signatures back on, i might see that he had a QC. Sorry.... rock on.

they these auto trannys are VERY weak. As far as the wires goes i just bought MSD wires and NGK plugs that i will be install in the next few days so will see if they do anything lol. They look a lot nicer though and they cost about 150.00 for the wires and 20-30 for the plugs

they these auto trannys are VERY weak. As far as the wires goes i just bought MSD wires and NGK plugs that i will be install in the next few days so will see if they do anything lol. They look a lot nicer though and they cost about 150.00 for the wires and 20-30 for the plugs

6 months and you will buy another set of msd wires, jsut fair warning

mine, what the heck else? ha! but seriously msd wires do have problems with our engine heat, they develop cracks in the sheathing, and it makess a nice light show

My truck has 71K on it and just took it in the shop for warranty work. Needs new tranny again, rear diff gears are clanking, and I need new wires and plugs.

Are there any upgraded wires or plugs that help these trucks at all or is it all the same sh*t? What is a typical cost for this service in parts alone?

Also my valve cover develops a small oil looking leak on the passenger side right on the E of VIPER. The guy at shop said that aluminum can break down over the years and get slightly pourous which could explain the oil getting through. At first I thought it was oil getting on it from the breather line on front of valve cover and wiped it away, it has come back 3 times now. Anyone else seen or heard of this problem?

So my truck is in need of some tune up but she will be back stronger and shifting better than ever!

gimme 2 weeks and send it up here dummy, get it done right the first time around;)

jsut keep an eye on them, I went thru 4 sets in less than a couple years, some would even break down and wasnt visible, jsut irraticated the idle up a bit

Yes my transmission is weak and the people who did my last transmission just did a horrible job.

My stock wires for spark plugs are currently arching a certain times. So I am getting a new set of wire just didn't know if there were any differences... How much you sell yors for Stink?

Last concern I have is the E on VIPER leaking oil through the aluminum. Any thoughts on this?

Yes my transmission is weak and the people who did my last transmission just did a horrible job.

My stock wires for spark plugs are currently arching a certain times. So I am getting a new set of wire just didn't know if there were any differences... How much you sell yors for Stink?

Last concern I have is the E on VIPER leaking oil through the aluminum. Any thoughts on this?

Probley not even the fact that they did a horrible job the trannys are just piss poor designed :dontknow:

Yea ive heard nothing but good things about Stinkers and this is the first time ive heard bad things about the MSD so id just rock his since everything swears by them :D

Thats crazy that the valve cover leaks like that. Id just look on ebay or something and get a used one

we have our OWN line now that I will stand behind personally about $150, as long as you dont wrap them around a header and burn them up

but the valve covers are sand cast, meaning they can have pin holes in them , that could take time to leak, now a couple things you can do, one naturally jb weld, others is to have a professionall weld it up

get a set of Stinker's plug wires, your choice of colors, & coils & plugs of your choice, you'll be good to go for awhile:rock::burnout::D

arin't our valve covers magnesium??? or is that BS???

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back