Looking to buy a SRT 10

ares. just so you know man if your planning on modding this truck on a stock bottom end. it has cast pistons with the first ring very close to the top of the piston. these motors tend to break after some more horse power is added. for instance my truck has 19000 i had a cold air intake cat back exhaust and a programer and a broken piston now lol. to forge this motor your looking at about 7000 dollars. its just a little bit of info i wish i knew before i bought my truck. but for the record it is the coolest vehicle i have ever owned. not to mention the funnest. :rock:

And the most expensive to own and buy parts for.

ares. just so you know man if your planning on modding this truck on a stock bottom end. it has cast pistons with the first ring very close to the top of the piston. these motors tend to break after some more horse power is added. for instance my truck has 19000 i had a cold air intake cat back exhaust and a programer and a broken piston now lol. to forge this motor your looking at about 7000 dollars. its just a little bit of info i wish i knew before i bought my truck. but for the record it is the coolest vehicle i have ever owned. not to mention the funnest. :rock:

I was wondering that as well, I'm familiar with having to bulletproof a motor, The LS1s are the same way.

I do have a DD, this will just be my Toy. I have a Dodge 03 QC as my DD/People hauler :)

Last edited:
when i did my research, i came to the realization that the 2004 was the best year.
4.10's
if your on the highway, you have an ultra low cruising RPM.
to me it sounds like a 5 cylinder VW jetta, revved to 3500 RPM.
the 2004 had the best exhaust. only a muffler and 4 cats, no resonator.
i believe they must have changed the emissions on the 2006 for the new laws, but not 100% on that.
main reason was the 4.10's and the price is the lowest on the 2004 for nearly the same truck.

mine is for sale, if you want to save some serious coin.

The 04 having 4:10s is a def selling point for me, I had 4:10s in my car and loved them, Had to put the stockers back in due to a shop fkn up my 4:10 install :(

to say the 04 was an option would be to say a viper on a trailer was an option.
not like they stuck the v-10 in a hemi.

just sayin, thats my understandin/belief. answers a few wonderins i had on the '04's compared to the '05's & '06's.

like red painted Hemi front brakes, the welded crossmember on the '04's compared to the bolted one on the '05/'06. & a few others

04 SRT-10's were definitely an option package ,not a completely different model

I had the window sticker to prove it
shows the option code and price

05's and 06's were just sold as SRT-10's

it is a fact

it is a fact

MIGHT HAVE BEEN A CODE CHANGE, BUT NOT A NEW TRUCK vs A HEMI WITH UPGRADES. sorry caps,
just the way they labeled it.

MIGHT HAVE BEEN A CODE CHANGE, BUT NOT A NEW TRUCK vs A HEMI WITH UPGRADES. sorry caps,
just the way they labeled it.

da boy just don't get it :toilet:

The 04 having 4:10s is a def selling point for me, I had 4:10s in my car and loved them, Had to put the stockers back in due to a shop fkn up my 4:10 install :(

So lets get to making offers. Mine was owned by Derek Poundstone and the truck has a good reputation. I love it but I have 2 kids now and the rc is too small, not to mention I dont want to spend my extra cash on fuel anymore.

Oh!!! another question. Does the T-56 in the SRT 10's have that annoying @$$ skip shift like the LS1's?? I had mine removed via tune but just something I would like to know :)

Oh!!! another question. Does the T-56 in the SRT 10's have that annoying @$$ skip shift like the LS1's?? I had mine removed via tune but just something I would like to know :)

NO skipshift, Thank GOD!

OK, there are many things that set an 04-05 apart from an 06!!
1. Frame
2. Dashboard
3. Door Panels
4. Fenders
5. Grille
6. Front Bumper cover. ( I love both designs)
7. Weight ( due to frame a lil bit heavier,few lbs.)
8. Seats
9. Stereo options including the RB? with the DVD player
10. Color options ( Pearl Black, GRAY, and Inferno RED Pearl) vs. the standard 3 main colors the 04-05 were RED, BLACK, and SILVER.
SPECIAL model like VCA, CE, and Yellow Fever as well.
11. Front suspension components.

Last edited:
My 2 cents...

04 - my first concern is buying the first model year of anything....if I remember right, some of these had issues with a bolt on the front of the motor.....otherwise, I think most people on the forum had less problems with these than I would have expected....

05 - I owned an RC, loved it....sometimes hitting 3rd can be a challenge, but otherwise, it was a great truck.....75 mpg was only 1700 rpm in 6th and I got 18mpg on the highway, so, 4.56 seems to be a good choice....the seats are comfy and so is the armrest...solid truck....

06 - I owned a Nightrunner QC, loved it more....the paint is amazing....the 06's have a heavier frame, which is a bonus IMHO....I also preferred the front ends and interior on the 06's, especially the seats....downside is the center armrest is fixed, so it's only a 2 seater up front, and it's hard plastic, which sucks on your elbow on long trips....

My preference is the 06's, but any of them is a good buy....best vehicle on the road....

it is a fact

yep,,, when i 1st went out to buy an SRT my inc was WAY cheaper on an 04 then my 05 YF - bc the 04 was a 1500 RAM truck with an upgraded package

My 04 Best MPG i have ever had is 17.9 highway, sit's on 9.1 :) now

So lets get to making offers. Mine was owned by Derek Poundstone and the truck has a good reputation. I love it but I have 2 kids now and the rc is too small, not to mention I dont want to spend my extra cash on fuel anymore.

Send me your trucks info and price I have a friend looking slowly

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back