Looking to buy diesel truck:

bikertat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone knows of a good '04 or newer diesel truck for sale?? I would like a Chevy 2500HD or possibly a F250.....I found one in Texas on ebay at a dealership, but I think it is alittle pricey......I would also consider partial trade of my bike....any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.....
Thanks bikertat

if you are considering fuel mileage dont get the ford. bought a new 06 quad cab f350 single wheel. had it 5 months got 12 mpg. my srt gets better than that.

bucke77 said:
why not the cummins

Nothing wrong with it really....just like the way the Chevy looks....I'm not really picky tho....as long as it catches my eye....I'm not what you call a dodge, ford, or chevy guy....

bikertat said:
Nothing wrong with it really....just like the way the Chevy looks....I'm not really picky tho....as long as it catches my eye....I'm not what you call a dodge, ford, or chevy guy....

I have an 05 Duramax crew cab dually and I really like it. I get better mileage with it than my red Dodge. 18.6 at 70 MPH. The regular 2500 get better than that. The Allison automatic transmission is really great in the Chevy's and GMC's also.
I ran my Dually once at Fontana at a Test n Tune day and it ran 15.61 at 87 MPH spinning the tires hard in the first three gears. I am sure that it would run faster than that with some practice launching. Not bad for a 8200 LB truck that I spent 1100.00 to mod for exhaust and Edge programmer.

Watch out for the some of the Ford 2004-2005 and 1/2 6.0 Powerstrokes, as they had a lot of problems with them. The old 7.3 is great and runs forever.

I have a friend that bought a new 2004 Harley Davidson F250 6.0 and Ford could not get it to run right. There were driveability, dying and stalling and surging at traffic lights. It would rev itself to 1700 without touching the accelerator pedal. He fought it for 14 months and sold it. He got a late 2006 F250 Crew cab and it runs great. It however will not keep up with my Chevy and we both have programmers and exhausts. It is a nice truck.

The Cummings is good but you have to watch out for transmission problems with the automatics made before 2006 (I think that is the year that they started using the newer style transmission.

Good luck in finding what you want.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back