looking to get a SRT-10?...advice please

DODGE01

Reaction score
Hey everybody.Im new to this site.I am 22yo and in the US army stationed at Ft.Stewart GA. 3rd ID.I am curently deployed to baghdad Iraq.However i will be comeing home in early dec,Dec 5th to be exact.I am looking for a SRT-10.I have done alot of reaserch on this truck.The bigest thing i pull is a 12'x6' enclosed trialer with my custom harley softail(800lbs).So would the RC be ok for this.Understanding that when i get it i will replace the clutch,that yall bash on so much..LOL.And add air bags to the rear.I dont plan on lowering it or makeing it have 700hp.I plane on driveing it,yea every now and then get crazy but nothing to nuts.This is not my first high performance vehical either i own a 10sec chevelle and before that i had a 05 GTO that ran 11s and a bunch of other high performance machines includeing a Z06 that was forced induction..:rock: Im not some kid that just wants to get one and doesnt know what hes doing.LOL..If there is any advice anyone can give me,it would be much aprecitated.Thank you

Yes, keep your head down and bring your ass home safely, cause you are gonna enjoy the hell outta your new truck.

The RC will tow better than you would expect. Your trailer and bike will be no problem. Come home safe brutha.

ChrisAZ said:
The RC will tow better than you would expect. Your trailer and bike will be no problem. Come home safe brutha.

:dito:What he said...:D But as for not modding yours or dropping it.. That's what I said when I first bought mine new three years ago. I vowed to never mod her in any way; not even visuals or stereo-wise.. Yeah THAT promise lasted all about a month. I predict your credit card willl be smoking after you get yours, but it's damn fun.

Stay safe bro and make it home to your family and loved ones.. Plus you have family here at VTCoA too..

Welcome. And come home safely. ANd dont hold your breath I said I wasnt gonna do anyting to mine:marchmellow: Less then 3months of owning it I have nos,s/c,clutch upgrade headers, pistons coming. :mad: :p But you wont be dissapointed that is for sure, this truck is truly one of a kind to drive even stock:burnout: :burnout: If you need anything Just holler.:eek:

First and foremost..... Thank you for your service.....:congrats:

Secondly, it is definately a buyers market right now. They are a lot of clean azz trucks on this site for sale. Some completely stock, some lightly modded and some just plain NASTY.....:D

As far a towing your Harley...if that 12' x 6' enclosed is all you plan on hauling with an RC, I seriously doubt if you would need a rear air bag set-up.

My buddy Blaine towed his Cobra with his '04 RC that was lowered.....I'll find you a pic....hold on one minute.....

Here ya' go......

101_0104.jpg

Blaines rides!

Slow there are NO highly modded trucks for sale on here at the moment!

I've got DIBS on the only one :)

Bro they got a red QC on EBAY for 17 grand here in Houston! its got 71,000 miles............

you could buy it put away for a forged overhaul and still be in the green!

I say just buy one..modded or not..You wont be disappointed..

The RC should handle it fine. I think you have it planned out very well. If you decide on a QC let me know. Mine is on the market.

Welcome:rock: Everybody says they are gonna stay "pretty much stock" LOLOLOLLOL myself included. It just doesn't last long:dontknow: :burnout:

Come home safe bro

RC's tow just fine man i tow a 25ft pontoon boat with mine, only problem i have is trying not to spin coming up the boat ramp:D

The only neg thing I would point out is since your coming back home to Fort Stewart (Hinesville) there isint much to do there. So if you plan on driving a good bit like say to Savannah (my hometown) to do any shopping or drinking downtown and what not, the gas mileage may hit your wallet pretty hard. But if you can afford it or have a 2nd veh that serves as a daily mule then you're good to go! Thanks for your service bro, be safe.

Thanks for your service to keep all us "civilians" safe. Keep your head low till you get home. Welcome to the RBC (red button club). No modding huh?? Doubt it. As they have said before this post, you will change your mind soon. Oh well, enough is never enough (power that is).

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back