Loss of power...

It isn't the no backpressure part, It lterally collapsed or clogged creating roo much back pressure. Our trucks benefit from having the rear cats removed completely.

I told the guy that i would like to put in some high flow cats, and he wasnt having it, said no way federal law yada yada. Texas doesnt even have emissions testing. but for $300 its a cheap fix. Just wish i lived close to shops that know our trucks!

I told the guy that i would like to put in some high flow cats, and he wasnt having it, said no way federal law yada yada. Texas doesnt even have emissions testing. but for $300 its a cheap fix. Just wish i lived close to shops that know our trucks!

In in Waco, where are you? Lol
I'll take care of your beast for sure

It's odd that you didn't get a code. The rear O2 sensors should have detected the faulty cat and thrown an efficency code. Maybe the cat was only partially plugged. Still sounds like you may have some clutch/slave cylinder issues based on the description you provided about shifting.

trust me ive been wanting to get it up there for some TLC. im about 4-5 hours southeast in nederland.

long drive when you cant get above 40 mph lol

Got to be a performance shop in Beaumont or Houston (doesn't have to be a Viper truck shop) that is willing to install some hi-flow cats for you.

You still sounds like you have clutch issues though you found the cat busted. If it goes into gear easily with engine off, but not with engine running it's not disengaging. To test your clutch right now, do about 50mph in 6th and give it some gas. If it bogs and moves on your good. If rpms climb and no accelerating your clutch is shot. Sounds like your hydraulics needed replacing as well. I recommend our CenterForce, Fidanza, and Viper Hydraulics kit. Test it first though and see what ya find.
Scott

Yeah sounds like you also have a clutch issue as mention by everyone. It's amazing how many people on this site are willing to help and share their knowledge, you don't see that very often, specially on forums of "high end" ir rare cars/trucks.

I agree, lots of help here and a great community...sometimes lol. Tried the 6th gear deal and all seems fine, just like was said it would do, bog and move on ever so slowly.

i ended up doing a rear cat delete, and this freaking thing pops like fireworks with the mopar/borla exhaust i have on it. This normal? lol

it did before hand but now its crazy, any time i let off the accelerator, its freaking loud!

FYI, using the clutch to hold the truck on a hill is one of the easiest ways to destroy a clutch.

I agree, lots of help here and a great community...sometimes lol. Tried the 6th gear deal and all seems fine, just like was said it would do, bog and move on ever so slowly.

i ended up doing a rear cat delete, and this freaking thing pops like fireworks with the mopar/borla exhaust i have on it. This normal? lol

it did before hand but now its crazy, any time i let off the accelerator, its freaking loud!

That's the V-10 "cackle":rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back