lots of questions. oil pressure and more

sublimeswinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so im a week into owning my 10. I have a few issues i think.

1) my oil pressure is moving between 25 and 75 on the gauge. I know some movement is normal, but such a jump and then so low? Just had it changed mobile1 and mopar oil filter.

2) between 4-6 mph, i get like a grinding feeling and sound. Feels like its comming from under the driver seat. Any ideas? Stops at about 6mph.

3) how can i tell if my truck was lowered. Handles great on turns, but the ride is extremely bumpy. When at freeway speed (60-80 mph) and hit a bump, almost feels like it throws the truck. Seriously have to have 2 hands on the wheel to feel safe.

4) my idle is between 500 and 800 rpm when stopped. Is this normal.

Any help is appreciated

maybe

Ok, so im a week into owning my 10. I have a few issues i think.

Hope you got a lot of money or can get a second mortgage. :D

1) my oil pressure is moving between 25 and 75 on the gauge. I know some movement is normal, but such a jump and then so low? Just had it changed mobile1 and mopar oil filter.

Normal, mine at idle is around 25 and at 60 mph it is 75+. :rock:

2) between 4-6 mph, i get like a grinding feeling and sound. Feels like its comming from under the driver seat. Any ideas? Stops at about 6mph.

Gotta be your rear speaker. LOL :dontknow:

3) how can i tell if my truck was lowered. Handles great on turns, but the ride is extremely bumpy. When at freeway speed (60-80 mph) and hit a bump, almost feels like it throws the truck. Seriously have to have 2 hands on the wheel to feel safe.

Probably normal, same happens to me. Just hold on tight and WOT till it settles down. Seriously, you didn't say how many miles you had on it and tire wear, shock wear, alignment, air pressure and a bunch of other things. I went to 305-34-22 over the OEM 305-40-22 and got a lot smother ride. :rock:

4) my idle is between 500 and 800 rpm when stopped. Is this normal.

Yep, mine is at 700 unless code 455 is up then a little higher. Reset and all is good. :rock:

Any help is appreciated

Lowering, no idea but really glad you are joining us.

You will have post some pics to tell if it's lowered. Look at the front tie rod ends. Do they go up hill between the rack & steering knuckle? Is the rear axle close to hitting the frame? If so she's probably lowred.

The noise may be the carrier bearing for the drive shaft. Just guessing on this one.

Definitely lowered, here is a pic of mine...I can fit my head in above the back tire! :D

Ok, so i guess im lowered. I love the look and stance. Looks mean, now, how do i tell if it was done properly? What do i look for. I know in the old days they used blocks, but i see leveling kits and such now.

Very lowered! Your truck is very lowered! Oil pressure is normal. What you are experiencing on the highway is called "bump steer". It is a common thing on these trucks. The only known fix are tie-rod flip kits. www.jtsvp.com sells them. I have a set but have yet to install them. So I cant say for myself that they correct the problem. Others have installed them and it has seemed to work.

Welcome to the club!

alot of neg camber will cause the steering to jerk to the side, i worked my lower control arm mounts and got some of the neg camber out but not all of it and it took most all of the jerking of the steering when hitting pot holes or bumps

Hey, I didn't say it would fit snug!:D

Dont mean to change the subject but by the look of your pic are those the air deflectors behind the grille ? if so can you tell me if they are attached to the grille ? i have mine that were given to me loose but couldnt see how they attached to the radiator support

Dont mean to change the subject but by the look of your pic are those the air deflectors behind the grille ? if so can you tell me if they are attached to the grille ? i have mine that were given to me loose but couldnt see how they attached to the radiator support

Yes, they are attached to the grill support or hood somehow, I can take pictures possibly tomorrow if you would like, unless someone else beats me to it!

So did some looking around this weekend. Took some pics. I realize that the frame is c notched, but can anyone help Identify the lowering kit?

Attachments

• cnotch 2edit.jpg
    cnotch 2edit.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
  • cnotch edit.jpg
    cnotch edit.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
  • leaf edit.jpg
    leaf edit.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
  • leaf2 edit.jpg
    leaf2 edit.jpg