LOW OIL

Dodge_FarmBoy

Reaction score
Welp just got the truck 3 days ago... checked the oil last night and it was 2.5 quarts low :( all i had to put in it was 5- 20 synthetic seein' as its my only truck right now that was the only choice i had. Either The dealer didnt check the oil or possibly using or leakin oil... truck has 55k on it so i guess we'll see maybe i'll get lucky and get 2 use that warranty i paid for :( I havn't had time to check out the cause yet but im a little upset because i should have checked it the day i bought it who knows what ive messed up now :S lol

Dodge_FarmBoy said:
Welp just got the truck 3 days ago... checked the oil last night and it was 2.5 quarts low :( all i had to put in it was 5- 20 synthetic seein' as its my only truck right now that was the only choice i had. Either The dealer didnt check the oil or possibly using or leakin oil... truck has 55k on it so i guess we'll see maybe i'll get lucky and get 2 use that warranty i paid for :( I havn't had time to check out the cause yet but im a little upset because i should have checked it the day i bought it who knows what ive messed up now :S lol

Make sure to check your oil cooler lines they maybe leaking

Thats kinda what i figured, but i'm watchin the baby 2 day an cant go outside an crawl under it just yet :(

Dodge_FarmBoy said:
Thats kinda what i figured, but i'm watchin the baby 2 day an cant go outside an crawl under it just yet :(

You may not be able to crawl under it at all unless you first jack it up...

Venom Power said:
You may not be able to crawl under it at all unless you first jack it up...
I can crawl under mine. Some of us are not challenged that way, Antnee.:D

You should be able to see the oil cooler lines by just oppening the hood and looking between the radiator and headlight on the passenger side. :dontknow:

dragon said:
You should be able to see the oil cooler lines by just oppening the hood and looking between the radiator and headlight on the passenger side. :dontknow:

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

likea dat?????

Attachments

• 048.JPG
    048.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Check your oil filler cap. If they leak, a lot of oil can come from there and it can be hard to see.
The replacements have a green o-ring.
OEMs are black and can shrink and leak.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back