Lower ball joints

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VIPR PWR, Nov 8, 2019 at 7:51 PM.

Car Parts
  1. VIPR PWR

VIPR PWR Full Access Member

Well just started hearing a clunky noise when pulling in the driveway.... appears the lower ball joints are the culprit , boots completely gone and they don’t look good lol. ..

question , the factory ones seem to have worn out prematurely.. What replacement lower ball joints would be the best choice ... I would prefer to have a grease fitting on them ...

are the ones for the 10’s different from the ones for the standard 1500 rams ?

anyone have the factory part number ?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019 at 8:09 PM
  2. AMS3

AMS3 Member

My 05 SLT had the same thing happen at around 75K. I ended up replacing the Upper control arms and lower balljoints. Now my SRT at 73K has worn out ball joints and upper control arms. Poor design I guess. In two weeks, I'll be replacing the uppers and lowers. The upper control arms are Moog, not sure the brand for the lower ball joints, the speed shop I use ordered them. Moog sells a kit for Ram 1500, so you might be ok. I'd call them though just to make sure they'll work.

VIPR PWR likes this.
  3. VIPR PWR

i was looking at Rockauto.com. They have a decent selection .. and decent pricing compared to advance auto ...

I’m leaning toward the Mevotech ,, daily driver one or the problem solver Moog , premium one ........ just wonder if the differences actually mean anything ... price is basically the same .. grease fitting included ,,, and a pertty colored dust cover lol ...

4. AMS3

AMS3 Member

So will a standard Ram lower ball joint fit the SRT? I wish I knew what brand mine are that will be installed. I'd call the shop, and get the name for you, but the shop is closed today. The owner took his employees to the Las Vegas car show this weekend. I think it's called SEMA???

5. VIPR PWR

I’m still searching around ... Rockauto is my most likely source now ... still need to verify if they are for the 10s .. according to the search they are ..

6. Srt10650

Srt10650 Full Access Member

I would definitely go with the Moog lower ball joints. I recently lowered my truck and replaced all my front suspension with Moog components. I couldn’t be happier. Part number for the lower ball joints is K7411. Let me know if you need any other part number or tips on how to swap them out. Here’s my thread on my truck https://www.vtcoa.com/threads/front-springs-jtsvp-vs-belltech.68923/

AMS3 likes this.
  7. Srt10650

Srt10650 Full Access Member

Left is the new Moog lower ball joint and right is the old stock worn lower ball joint. Stock no zerk grease fitting and the Moog one comes with the zerk grease fitting.

Attached Files: