LOWER TEMP THERMOSTAT

KINGSNAKE

I USE CAPS BECAUSE I'M HEARING IMPAIRED
Reaction score
I WANT TO PURCHASE ONE LOCALLY HERE IN SO-CAL? MY TRUCK RUNS IN THE 200'S ALL THE TIME COLD OR HOT, I WANT THE TRUCK RUNNING AT 180. ANY ADVICE WOULD HELP THANKS

I WANT TO PURCHASE ONE LOCALLY HERE IN SO-CAL? MY TRUCK RUNS IN THE 200'S ALL THE TIME COLD OR HOT, I WANT THE TRUCK RUNNING AT 180. ANY ADVICE WOULD HELP THANKS

One million, six hundred thousand, two hundred and eight one threads on this issue. Do a search and find the answer.

Bottom line, 170TS, larger radiator, more coolant and move to Canada----that worked for Oldcolt. :D

Summit has the Thermostat. The fan on these trucks is hydraulic driven off the PS pump. The computer has it programmed to come on around 200. If you want it cooler, you have to get a SCT tuner and a tune that includes starting the fan earlier. The benefit of the tune is that it runs better also.

Summit has the Thermostat. The fan on these trucks is hydraulic driven off the PS pump. The computer has it programmed to come on around 200. If you want it cooler, you have to get a SCT tuner and a tune that includes starting the fan earlier. The benefit of the tune is that it runs better also.

LOOKS LIKE IM GONNA GET A TUNER THEN:rock:
VERY GOOD INFORMATION, THANK YOU

One million, six hundred thousand, two hundred and eight one threads on this issue. Do a search and find the answer.

Bottom line, 170TS, larger radiator, more coolant and move to Canada----that worked for Oldcolt. :D

I can't say that I moved to Canada......but my Great-Grandparents did!:D

LOOKS LIKE IM GONNA GET A TUNER THEN:rock:
VERY GOOD INFORMATION, THANK YOU

You are in SoCal, correct?

If I were you, I'd take the truck over to see Todd at A&C Performance in Murrieta. He is about the most knowledgeable Viper guy on the planet.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back