lowered pics for Roz and Misterhemi

Stinker said:
c,mon down, not doin nuttin today:burnout:

except for runnin over to ugr for a moment:D

Can't today, if you're serious I'll shoot ya a PM! :burnout: :rock: Maybe later in the month. . . Glad I can't today, I may just put all my stuff in hawk and leave my truck at UGR! :D

Roz-SRT said:
Can't today, if you're serious I'll shoot ya a PM! :burnout: :rock: Maybe later in the month. . . Glad I can't today, I may just put all my stuff in hawk and leave my truck at UGR! :D

LOLOL cool beans buddy:rock:

Stinker said:
the sway bar link needs to be shortened for best stability - or cut them and have them rewelded . . . the sway bar links will need to be adjusted, the bump stops will need trimmining and replaced . .

I'm trying to get my ducks in a row here . . I haven't actually verified anything.

How much of the link will need omitted? I got a guy locally that can do it, I'm trying to get a feel for some things is why I ask.

Also, care to elaborate on the trimming of the bumpstops? Do they simply need trimmed, or replaced?

Thanks! :rock:

I have done the same drop as stink has and had to get another set of springs for going to far the first time. The first time i cut the coils on the front i cut 1 full coil and it tucked the front wheels and was resting on the bump stops. so i ended up with only cutting 5/8 of a coil and this lead to the perfect drop for my truck. Now on the back i have the 2" blocks but have been thinking about using another .5" or go 3" blocks in the rear. But due to the fact that i tow with my truck i think that i will leave it alone.

102_0288.jpg

102_0287.jpg

Loaded
101_0104.jpg

forgot to add just for you stink we installed this new PTs turbo kit on a lightning just the other day check it out.

IMG_0506.sized.jpg

Blaine - Do you remember how much you of the link you had to cut out? Or did you have it done by someone else, or did you buy a premade set?

links as in the sway bar end links or something else. I do all my own work but let me know what your are referring to and i will help you out.

Yes, the sway bar end links. They'll need shortened so that the sway bar will be parallel to the ground again. . .

SVTFreak said:
forgot to add just for you stink we installed this new PTs turbo kit on a lightning just the other day check it out.

IMG_0506.sized.jpg

bwwaahhahahah I luv it bro:rock: :rock: :rock: :p :D :D

as far as sway bar links Roz I think it was about one inch bro, and the rearbumps stops I think with a 3 inch block I cut the bumpstops in half.

but guys evryone needs to check the driveshaft with a 3 inch block, this is a must, I found with 3 inch blocks in mine , when I installed the driveshaft is was bottoming out in the tranny:( so I backed up to a 2 inch block,
the driveshaft may have to be shortened for a 3 inch, now all these trucks are different but please check this, it could eventually damage the tranny beyond repair;)

Stinker said:
bwwaahhahahah I luv it bro:rock: :rock: :rock: :p :D :D

as far as sway bar links Roz I think it was about one inch bro, and the rearbumps stops I think with a 3 inch block I cut the bumpstops in half.

but guys evryone needs to check the driveshaft with a 3 inch block, this is a must, I found with 3 inch blocks in mine , when I installed the driveshaft is was bottoming out in the tranny:( so I backed up to a 2 inch block,
the driveshaft may have to be shortened for a 3 inch, now all these trucks are different but please check this, it could eventually damage the tranny beyond repair;)

Schweet!

Thanks for the info! :elefant:

Roz-SRT said:
Yes, the sway bar end links. They'll need shortened so that the sway bar will be parallel to the ground again. . .

as of yet i have not shortened mine due to lack of time or i should say take the time to do so. I dont know how much it will effect the ride qaulity but as of right now i am experiencing tremendous amounts of bump steer. I wish there was a "true" kit out there for this.

SVTFreak said:
as of yet i have not shortened mine due to lack of time or i should say take the time to do so. I dont know how much it will effect the ride qaulity but as of right now i am experiencing tremendous amounts of bump steer. I wish there was a "true" kit out there for this.

Justin sells a shorter link, but I am a broke bitch. :D If I can "duplicate" the shorter link by cutting and rewelding mine - so be it. If I had the cash-flow, I'd buy Justin's shorter link in a flash. :rock:

So you're cruising around without it shortened . . hmmm . . . :idea:

Thanks for the info Blaine. :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back