Lowered RC pics please and advise

VIPER BAZ UK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe my truck has the X Metal 2" 4" drop kit. It also apears to have after market lower front arms..

Im Not 100% happy with the ride on my truck...

Please can you post up a pic and spec of what kit you have and if it drives and handles better worse or as good as OE...

Many thanks

Baz

_576_zpsa4c47190.jpg

_577_zps7d4e5b35.jpg

2014-12-06131940-1_zps7385473f.jpg

2014-12-06131714_zps49f82447.jpg

picture.php

picture.php

I have Stinker's RC kit and Caltracs. I would say it rides/handles better than stock. Even with the kits bump-stops, I bottom out on the front on the inner fenders, going over dips in the road at high speed. Not enough to worry about though.

I'm actually probably gonna bring mine back to stock height at some point. the roads around here are pretty rough to have one lowered. the front tires rub when the bumps are bad enough and I guess the tabs for the fender liner are cuttin the tires a little bit. it looks good but I'd rather it be stock and ride better.

This is a JTSVP 1"-2" on the 06 I had. It rode much better than stock and looked 10x better than stock.

Wow now that black truck is BEAUTIFUL!!! Back on topic... I do not believe that you have a 2-4 drop by looking at your wheel spacing. If you drop 4 inches in the rear you wouldn't really have any gap!

as sad as this sounds, there is only one person that make kits for these truck anymore. I'm pretty sure that ViperDNA (original owner) got one of the very first edition of drop kits made by x-metal. Revolutionary at the time.

So make sure you understand the warranty (if any) before buying...

And the most important thing... don't buy used!!!!!!

JTSVP kit, not sure on how much though
My 06 had a X-Metal kit on it, I can say that the JTSVP rides nicer. Not a great comparison though since they are 2 different trucks.

My X-metal wasn't as low as yours. I'm trying to remember.. Did the X-Metal kits come with shocks too? I seem to remember when I got mine, I thought that it did.

Last edited:
Wow now that black truck is BEAUTIFUL!!! Back on topic... I do not believe that you have a 2-4 drop by looking at your wheel spacing. If you drop 4 inches in the rear you wouldn't really have any gap!

oldcolt's truck is beautiful isn't it!! :D

Makes me want a black truck :( That's what I was looking for when I found my gray one. I really wanted black.

I own a black one and it's definitely a great color but if I had of choice of colors, I'd choose silver. when it comes to these trucks, ya can't be too choosy when ya have a price range to be in and availability... all these pics are pretty sweet.. maybe I just need some new shocks front and rear. mine doesn't look any lower than the ones shown and it rubs up front.

Chris

What it is Bud ......... Can't wait to drive the truck again ---- c'mon spring.

Might just keep it for awhile ....... got some ideas .... Would love to go with the gull wing door kit.

Jim

Looks like it has the X metal lowering kit and the DJM lower front control arms..

The ride height on Jims truck above looks perfect......

any more details on the kit????

X-Metal lowering Kit with QA1 adjustable shocks.

Attachments

• 20140704_164216.jpg
    20140704_164216.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 111
  • 20140604_163442.jpg
    20140604_163442.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 169
  • 04 RAM SRT 10 PIC 4.jpg
    04 RAM SRT 10 PIC 4.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 118
can we get more rake to it?? seems like all the kits lower the whole truck so it looks level all the way across its profile. i'm old school, i want the ass up just a little and the nose in the weeds. my old charger we could crank the torsions bars a little to get it right, no such adjustments with these huh??

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back