Lowered Truck, tires hitting inside liners

CarDude

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else have problems with their front tires rubbing the liners on bumps and hard corners? Mine rubs quite often, cuz I drive like a nut job., but it is frustrating when it does it going down the highway if there is a bump. Any known solutions?

Mine hit when I bought Hennessey's steller high dollar set up. He said it was a quality issue, the guy pulling parts at Autozone that day yanked the wrong set.
Gary set me up with the correct item and the rubbing was gone.
Did you spin the new spring into position

I am not sure how far the truck is lowered..I used Boomers kit. The kit was installed by someone else, who also aligned the truck.

Wazzup, what do you mean by "Did you spin the new spring into position"

BTW the kit has been on for 9 months...

DC Performance installed Boomers kit for me on my RC... and guess what... it rubbed all the time... hit so hard once the inside rubber decoupled from the screws.

I also bottomed out all over the place.. Although I loved how the truck looked and loved how it handled... I didn't like the issues with it..

p.s. I drive like a frickin nut job too... but that's the whole damn fun with these trucks... to DRIVE them :D

CarDude said:

Wazzup, what do you mean by "Did you spin the new spring into position"

BTW the kit has been on for 9 months...

There is a notched out area in the base in the frame that the sping tip sets in. If the spring is upside down....it won't seat correctly. If I'm incorrect I'm sure someone will let you know. There are different spring rates, perhaps yours just isn't correct....
Then of course there is the big old fat guy issue..?????? is that an issue here :) :)

i also have boomers lowering kit (2"x4'') on my 2005 Q C and it also rubbed and hit...boomer sent me diff. rated springs and pads that go under the springs and i changed out the QC leaf springs for the RC leaf springs and now i have no rubbing and only some times botton out when towing ...great look and munch better handling than stock.:rock:

They had problems with the Q/C's and lowering. I think like the other post said, Boomer figured-it-out and changed a few things, might want to talk to Boomer.....

Quick

WAZZSUP said:
There is a notched out area in the base in the frame that the sping tip sets in. If the spring is upside down....it won't seat correctly. If I'm incorrect I'm sure someone will let you know. There are different spring rates, perhaps yours just isn't correct....
Then of course there is the big old fat guy issue..?????? is that an issue here :) :)

Not really just over 200.

Maybe you can try talk to Boomer? Maybe he have some the answers to your problems.

based upon most of the responses other than my own.... maybe everyone else drives their trucks like little girls :p <no offense to wifey>... I only had a problem rubbing or bottoming out when I was driving.... like an assclown... I actually jumped the truck once.... that wasn't fun... my front spoiler got jacked on that one :eek:

the springs have settled and are probably the incorrect rate

call Gary , tell him your woes and see if there is a fix,

other than that you can take a 1/2 rubber spacer, i think you can get them at the parts store, and put it in the top of the spring bucket.

this may help some,

if not get poly bumper stops and have them installed on the lower control arm and that should def take care of it, they are usually 3/4 thick, that is the easiest and quickest solution bro.

I will see if I can find a pic

Don't know why your rubbing that's not right! I have the McGaughys kit on mine and airbags in the rear (mostly for towing) and no probs here!:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back