Lowering kit for rear

I just called Bell Tech and they said their Bell Tech 1500 shackles would fit the SRT10. They told me there shackles drop the rear end closer to 1.25" in the rear. The tech stated it would not change the rear spring rate or load capacity for towing etc. For $70 I may just go ahead and buy a set and see how it comes out. I am first going to take some rough measurements and see if a 1.25" drop in the rear would be too much because I am leaving the front heigth stock.

Anyone else tried the Bell Tech rear 1.25" drop shackles?

Thanks!

I have not used that product, But i used 2" blocks on my RC. Are you looking for level?

J.R.

JRSVIPR said:
I have not used that product, But i used 2" blocks on my RC. Are you looking for level?

J.R.

Yes...just trying to get it level and that would be fine. I will be towing soon and just don't want any issues with the truck being too low so I am not going to go with a 2/4. Before this truck I got out of a Silverado 2500 HD that stock was very tall so an SRT10 to me at stock heigth feels slammed compared to what I used to drive.

Thanks!

JR_PRO said:
Yes...just trying to get it level and that would be fine. I will be towing soon and just don't want any issues with the truck being too low so I am not going to go with a 2/4. Before this truck I got out of a Silverado 2500 HD that stock was very tall so an SRT10 to me at stock heigth feels slammed compared to what I used to drive.

Thanks!
This is with 2" blocks.

JRSVIPR said:
This is with 2" blocks.

Just 2" in the rear and stock heigth in the front? Either way that looks great!

Thanks!

JR_PRO said:
I just called Bell Tech and they said their Bell Tech 1500 shackles would fit the SRT10. They told me there shackles drop the rear end closer to 1.25" in the rear. The tech stated it would not change the rear spring rate or load capacity for towing etc. For $70 I may just go ahead and buy a set and see how it comes out. I am first going to take some rough measurements and see if a 1.25" drop in the rear would be too much because I am leaving the front heigth stock.

Anyone else tried the Bell Tech rear 1.25" drop shackles?

Thanks!

THATS WHAT I HAVE ON MINE.BOUGHT IT FROM SUMMIT RACING.
WORKS FINE.EASY INSTALL.SPRING RATES DONT SEEM TO BE
EFFECTED AT ALL.STILL TOW MY BIKE, NO PROBLEMS AND RIDE SEEMS THE SAME.DID NOT LOWER THE FRONT AND STILL HAS A RAKED STANCE.
NOW IT'S ALOT CLOSER TO LEVEL.GO FOR IT!!!

wont grow old said:
THATS WHAT I HAVE ON MINE.BOUGHT IT FROM SUMMIT RACING.
WORKS FINE.EASY INSTALL.SPRING RATES DONT SEEM TO BE
EFFECTED AT ALL.STILL TOW MY BIKE, NO PROBLEMS AND RIDE SEEMS THE SAME.DID NOT LOWER THE FRONT AND STILL HAS A RAKED STANCE.
NOW IT'S ALOT CLOSER TO LEVEL.GO FOR IT!!!

Thanks for the reply...have any pics of your truck with the Bell Tech shackles installed? Also, since you lowered it with the Bell Techs and you do tow have you ever had the rear axle hit the bump stop up on the frame?

Thanks!

Yes, lets see some pics of the BelTech drop shackles installed. I would really love to see the stance on the truck, I have been thinking about dropping the rear since I got the truck.

Mace said:
Yes, lets see some pics of the BelTech drop shackles installed. I would really love to see the stance on the truck, I have been thinking about dropping the rear since I got the truck.
Shackles don't work on the RC. You need blocks and U-bolts to drop the rear of the RC.

JR_PRO said:
Thanks for the reply...have any pics of your truck with the Bell Tech shackles installed? Also, since you lowered it with the Bell Techs and you do tow have you ever had the rear axle hit the bump stop up on the frame?

Thanks!

NO PROBLEMS HITTING THE BUMP STOPS WHEN TOWING.
800 LB MOTORCYCLE ON 6X10 OPEN TRAILER.WILL TAKE SOME PIC'S
AND POST UP.HOW DO YOU MAKE THE POST PIC'S BIG?
I AM A COMPUTER IDIOT!!:burnout:

If you do a search I think there is a thread on the forum on how to do it. I went to www.photobucket.com and created a free account. Once you open up the photobucket account, you can load your pics there from your PC and then copy them from photobucket and paste them inside the thread and the picss are large.

Thanks!

WELL THIS IS THE ONLY ONE I COULD GET TO WORK.
THE OTHER ONES SAY I AM OVER FILE SIZE.
SMALL PIC'S WTF IS GOING ON:dontknow: ANY GEEKS OUT THERE THAT CAN HELP THIS OLD SCHOOL IDIOT

IMG_1516.JPG

Thanks for the pic...I assume that is with the 1" Bell Tech lowering shackles installed correct? If you have a pic showing the whole truck front and rear in one shot that would be great. Just wanting to see if it the truck sits about level or does it now sit slightly lower in the rear compared to the front.

Thanks!

JR_PRO said:
Thanks for the pic...I assume that is with the 1" Bell Tech lowering shackles installed correct? If you have a pic showing the whole truck front and rear in one shot that would be great. Just wanting to see if it the truck sits about level or does it now sit slightly lower in the rear compared to the front.

Thanks!

YEAH I DO, BUT COULD NOT GET THEM TO POST.SAID IT WAS OVERSIZED.
W.T.F.:dontknow: STILL RAKED A LITTLE.BACK IS STILL ALITTLE HIGHER THEN FRONT.
WILL TRY TO POST TOMORROW.CANT TAKE ANYMORE OF THIS SHIT TODAY

it will post that size but when ya click on it, it will grrroooooowwww

YEAH I UNDERSTAND THAT.WHAT I MEANT BY SMALL PIC'S IS
FILE SIZE!! STUPID F--IN COMPUTER SAYS FILE WAS TOO BIG
TO LOAD UP.WTF.I NEED A BEER:rock:

wont grow old said:

You could email the picture(s) to me and I'll post them for you. :dontknow: :)

[email protected]

wont grow old said:

Thanks for the pics and I hear you about the file being too big. Don't stress...if you feel like messing with it tommorrow you can get set up on photobucket. Cool thing about photobucket is that after you load pics on there website off your computer it automatically resizes them when you want to post them here on the forum so not more "FILE IS TOO LARGE".

Anyway...good luck!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back