lowering kit swap?

RB04

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone would want to swap my lowering kit for stock setup, Im not sure what kit it is yet but Im going to find out. I dont know if it would work with rc , mines a qc, Im cool with straight swap if possible, I cant keep rolling around on this super low setup. can someone tell me what parts I would need and which Id have to remove?

I don't know how much of a headache it would be but if not too bad I'd be game for it! I just can't afford downtime with my truck bc it's my DD!

ya I dont know either, hopefully someone knowledgeable will chime in, I need to know what to remove and what to get for parts in return

I'd imagine the front is a set of coil springs the rear is probably a leaf spring pack?? I dint know about control arms or anythjng up front besides the springs. Stinker deals with a lot of kits he may have a clue???

depends on the kit, you can take apic of the rear axle will help determine that.

now on the front you will need to swap front coil springs, the new recipient will need new front bumpstops.

the rear, depends on the kit, if its a bolt in, just remove it and the shackles , put your leaf springs back on top of the axle ,

now it also depends on what type shocks you have, the rear at least had to be changed, so you would need to swap rear shocks at least

Stink is the man and quick! So stink you have the bump stops war am
I looking at for those?

yeah i keep some in stock buddy

i will go thru the entire deal

the front
remove and replace the front coil springs(thus ya'll two would swap front springs)
the oem front bumpstop needs to be removed and replaced with an aftermarket bumpstop, this is very easy as the oem bumpstop is held on by two small beads of weld, I good grinder and ten minutes should do it.

front shocks depending may need to be swapped

the rear.
swap both rear shocks

the rear bumpstops
if aftermarket is supplied, then jsutswap out, if not, kikin can cut his down very easily with a hacksaw or equivalant.

now on the rear of a qc most kits use a bolt in flip kit, (remove the leaf from the axle housing, put it under the axle housing) then use a bolt in leaf perch to attach leaf to axle.

if this is so then all you will have to do is remove the bolt in axle perch, put the leaf springs back on top of the axle.

most kits also use a shackle to help with leveling, if so shackles will have to be swapped out.

now the best thing for ya'll to do is plan it out so you both arent without trucks for a couple weeks, plan on removing it one weekend , send it out monday, get both friday, and install next weekend,

and usps is about the cheapest to do for yuns

Thanks stink I'm gonna contact him thru pm now. Seems like it can ve done in a few hours with the right tools and determination. I put the drop
shackles in in about 30
minutes.

Also these springs in the rear relocate to
under the rear axle? Anyone with a lowering kit can tell
me how the truck rides? Rough? Rear hopping? Ect...

kickinassrt-10 said:
Also these springs in the rear relocate to
under the rear axle? Anyone with a lowering kit can tell
me how the truck rides? Rough? Rear hopping? Ect...

Is your truck lowered in the rear already? It sits way lower then mine and I have Stinkers drop shackles in?
If I were to put in a flip kit I would C-notch the frame to regain wheel travel and ride cause if you dont the bumpstop is like 1/2" from the axel and frame.

ill get some pics of the front and back later today and post them up, so someone can tell me what I got, kickinass has dibs :)

let me know if I need to take a pic of anything else, I just guessed at the angles to take the pics,(reached behind the wheel and took the pic :) ) thanks guys for the help!

19059_1233358628196_1056073478_30565864_4957727_n.jpg

19059_1233358588195_1056073478_30565863_3702877_n.jpg

19059_1233358548194_1056073478_30565862_2151289_n.jpg

19059_1233358508193_1056073478_30565861_1101834_n.jpg

19059_1233353508068_1056073478_30565844_3473104_n.jpg

19059_1233353468067_1056073478_30565843_2420569_n.jpg

19059_1233353428066_1056073478_30565842_5744989_n.jpg

19059_1233353388065_1056073478_30565841_6453372_n.jpg

so let me see if I have this right, on the front I need to use a coil spring compressor,unbolt the strut on the inside and remove, then replace with stock , on the back unbolt u bolts, and rear shackle,and rear shock, put the axle under the leaf spring and use stock u bolts and re attach with stock shock? do I need a smaller shackle or does it bolt straight up to the mount? Thanks for the help:rock:

Let me chime in if I may as I developed my own kit for my truck and can tell you about all you need to know that Stink may have left out.

FIRST Make sure the kit isn't welded to the axle!! Alot of these kits will be welded in place to prevent unwanted pinion angle change under a hard launch!

The front, you will separate the lower control arm from the upper. With a jack under the lower to slowly lower down and release pressure on the coil spring for ease of removal. Install is reverse. Pretty easy!

The rear you will be swapping the shackles from your long ones to his short ones. YOu will remove the kit clamping the new axle perch to the springs and while the truck is lifted and the spring packs removed, simply move the spring pack ( heavy) from above the axle to the factory below axle position. I am still on stock shocks with no prob but would swap if I were yall. Other than that it's all gravy!:D

Yellow venom said:
Is your truck lowered in the rear already? It sits way lower then mine and I have Stinkers drop shackles in?
If I were to put in a flip kit I would C-notch the frame to regain wheel travel and ride cause if you dont the bumpstop is like 1/2" from the axel and frame.
No it's not from what I know.. I just bought 2.5" shackles off fleabay before I even knew about this site...

So would the rear springs need to be swapped or just the hardware to mount the leaf's on the bottom and the shackles? Basically only needing the front springs swapped?

Do any of you guys know if the front springs from a 2004 RC will fit Eli's 2005 QC ????????

Jim

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back